Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hella Helsa Humpday + funny story


      Hello. For the first time in forever, I am starting a blog post here from my computer. I plugged in my phone because that's where the picture for my most recent drawing is and it has come to my attention that I really need to backup my phone because I'm running out of space on it. 😩😠😒 Well, Friday while on Tumblr, I saw someone reblogged a drawing of mine (a modern!Hans one) and i was checking out their blog because I do that, and I came across this:

I cropped it down so I could use that picture as a drawing reference for this: 


I started drawing it Friday and left finishing it for Monday morning. Well, I woke up late on Monday but I still worked on it, and maybe you can't tell but his foot gave me a heck of a hard time, and I post it on Instagram and Tumblr. The Tumblr user in the image above thanked me for the drawing and um, later on this happened on Instagram: 

I don't know if you have to select the picture to see it bigger but if you're familiar with the Frozen on Broadway project that was announced over two years ago and have been keeping up with it (it will start showing on Broadway next February), then you know that those are the Instagrams of Broadway Hans (John Riddle. I don't know why I want to change it to Riddles) and Broadway Elsa (Caissie Levy. I don't know how to pronounce her name 😞). I didn't expect them to notice right away. In fact, I didn't think they'd notice. So I didn't expect this and it's like so awkward because 1. it's not like I'm really excited for the Broadway take on Frozen, it's interesting and I probably find it more interesting after finding out that Hans gets his own recurring song and he sings something of a duet with Elsa, 2. I'm not following them on Instagram. The only celebrity I'm following right now is Tom Hiddleston and he's been pretty quiet as I listen to Taylor Swift repeatedly (I did spend pretty much a year not listening to her music after they broke up and when I start listening to her again, BAM! Awesome new single) so the fact that they noticed someone who hasn't decided if they like them enough to follow them is wow. I didn't technically draw THEM, just the characters they're playing in the pose they struck up in an Instagram picture... Can't you tell I'm not used to this? Monday night I thought of posting the picture here but I didn't feel like it, I had plans of waking up early yesterday (that didn't happen) and I have more or less been following a schedule of leaving the internet and social media alone on Tuesdays and Thursdays to keep my sanity and give myself small breaks so I don't feel pressured, but posting it now means I have a story so procrastinating worked out pretty well. 

I have plans on being busy during October. I am planning on joining Inktober this year with my index cards and ballpoint pen because the one that hasn't changed in a year is I'm broke, but I like the challenge. I'm stuck on some of my themes because I wrote down a few that I'd like to implement but I only when I'm going to implement two of them. I'm the idiot that decided I wanted to throw in both Frozen and my OCs in the same art challenge, ugh. I have an event this coming Sunday so I'll likely do the Inktober for that day at night. It is hard to be an artist when you're broke to a degree, but I started doing this for fun so as much as it's frustrating that I'm limited in what I can do artistically, I'm not stressing it too much right now because it's not my dreams to be a professional and work at Disney are getting crushed. I'd like to be able to make a living off of my art, but I already decided that working at Disney is probably not for me. I think I'll doodle something this Thursday just to get some more doodles done before the month ends and I become very busy. Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment