Monday, September 18, 2017

Manic Monday (I've used this as a title before but i can't think of anything else right now)


      Hello. I was hoping to doodle something for last Friday but I didn't. I heard there was an update in the Sims 4 that added CAS items and things in build and buy mode so I played that for a little. Not as any of my Sims though, because I started a whole new save folder where I do rotational play as the townies so I was trying to get the Calientes in relationships. Nina was on a date with a guy who didn't want her flirting with him even though he invited her. I've been doodling since yesterday so let's go:





So the top one is that I wanted to design a curvy Brazilian girl who may someday ride her giant wolf thing into the Amazon. She'd be residing in the same universe as those aliens I started introducing in like 2015. You can check out my blog in that timeframe. Yeah, her wolf thing is actually alien in origin and can shapeshift/sizeshift to look like a tiny little Pomeranian. Probably would make more sense if it could become a husky but I wanted something tiny. The second drawing is from last night and today, Anna Farris and Allison Janney from last night's Emmys. Their little skit last night reminded me of certain characters and I actually had planned two versions of this but I'll leave that for when I go back to digital, which will hopefully be sometime soon, you know, before the end of the year. And third drawing is also from today because I lost power again. Yay. I had my computer on, I googled reference for the Emmys drawing (which is missing hands), I planned on finally editing some more speedpaint videos for YouTube, but nope. Waiting for the power to come back (we're making due with our generator again) was boring so I doodled a fan character that was only drawn twice in that Disney wannabe style and it sucked. She needs some love because I have been drawing her parents lately (I think you can guess who). I'll give you a guess anyway: She looks a lot like her dad but there's some influence from her mom too. Let's see what doodles I'll come up with later and if I can load my videos to YouTube. I have two parts of a speedpaint there already, plus three episodes from when I was making Sims videos. My channel name is not michdoodles, because it was before I came up with the moniker and started using it everywhere and blogging my doodles/art, it's actually michisayskonichiwa. I think I'll change the name to better match my other online presences. I'm also thinking I could reedit the videos I have there, although windows movie maker stopped working with my Sims videos after a crash. Yes, I use windows movie maker to edit my videos. I'm broke, I can't afford any other editing software. My sister has discovered and has been watching these artist youtubers and I want to try my hand at more traditional art, which would require getting a sketchbook, pencils, erasers, other art supplies... Last year, I applied for work at Publix. This year, I applied for Target and a week before the worry of preparing for Irma, I also applied for Walmart because a friend heard there were openings at her job. Target said no, I haven't heard from WalMart and it may be because of Irma. I've thought of starting traditional commissions or a patreon but I don't want to say I'm doing it and then nothing. If I were to open a patreon, I would have a $10 goal for a new sketchbook and pencils, a $30 goal for a new tablet pen, and a $100 goal to get a portable external hard drive to store my digital art and possibly start my comic ideas. I don't know if I'll do that but I have thought that out. Traditional commissions would be harder because that requires physical paper, me drawing as good as I can leaving barely any eraser marks and that would take a while. I don't know right now, I just wanna stop being broke and get back to digital and progress in my art, you know? Eh, just wait and see later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment