Monday, September 4, 2017

Monday Music


      Hello. I actually went out this weekend to a party that my grandparents invited me to (they were invited and they asked if they could bring me along because I barely get to go to parties) and I doodled while I was there this Saturday:


Ok, you must be thinking why would you doodle at a party? Well, why would you go to a party just to spend your time eating and wasting time on your phone? Millennials, I swear. I brought a couple of index cards and my pencil and eraser along in case I got bored, and with the amount of young people that ignore my presence and old people having conversations among themselves, it was a good choice. I have something of an unspoken rule that I must dance when I hear Selena come on. No, not Selena Gomez, the Selena that inspired Selena Gomez, the first woman to become popular in Tejano music and make Tejano music popular. I have spent my entire life listening to and cherishing her music and when her song comes on at a party, I get up to dance, whether I'm good at dancing or not (I'm a novice. If my mom had her way, I would be an expert by now but that wouldn't guarantee dance partners at parties because of the millennial problem mentioned above). And I doodled a tiny cartoon of her, with a lumpy face. She's as big as my thumbnail, that's how tiny she is. And then I didn't get to finish a doodle involving dancing, partly because Chacha Slide came on and since middle school, I have been dancing that song whenever it comes on at a party, which is easy because it tells you what to do, and partly because after the cake, we left... so Elsa's dancing with a headless man. And yesterday I finished Elsa's dance partner and even her dress so here it is:

Yeah, I'm starting to draw outright Helsa. If you can't tell by the clothes, it's my modern AU. On both Instagram and Tumblr, I put the following: "I don't dance." "Well, I'm changing that."... Someone has to, cuz Hans can't spend the rest of his life with Anna as his dance partner and horses aren't allowed on the dance floor 😆 they look pretty cozy though... The party in question was a bridal shower, so I am apparently turning to drawing my OTP when encountering happy couples. I had a good time at the party, mostly because I didn't go with high expectations but just to relax and have a change of scenery. I need to have the same mentality with future parties, because I have fun in the moment, but then I crash and burn and I'm upset with guys in my generation for being idiots. 

I'm on the lookout for Hurricane Irma, which is looking to be headed in my area. I say, watch out for the wildlife. There aren't many birds around here anymore and my dad and I saw a turtle walking down our street yesterday, far from neighborhood canals, so we're doing what we can to get ourselves ready. Hurricane Matthew last year was all hype, we got ready, I got hurricane hair from letting my dogs out one last time before getting cooped up... and I woke up to electricity, running water, wifi, and a few leaves that fell off our trees. Other people did suffer damage from it, but I got supremely lucky. Methinks another Hamilton isn't going to rise up from the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, cuz she's going to pass over the group of islands featuring St. Kitts and Nevis (you'll get it if you're in the fandom). I'll probably produce some doodles later on, but we'll likely get hit this weekend with a force of nature so I don't know when I'll come back here.

Oh, and in case you read this before midnight PT, Society6's labor day sale ends tonight and so does Redbubble's. I applied for Walmart last week because of a friend, and I haven't heard anything. I won't be disappointed if I don't get hired, but I would like to make some money 😄 Alright, well I'll be going. Hopefully I'll be back before Hurricane time. 

Why is my blogger getting so many views for my Tom Brady meme? WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment