Friday, September 1, 2017

Force Friday meme and then some (and an important PSA for hurricane season)


      Hello. I'm sorry, but I haven't been really in a doodling mood but in a meme mood so here's what I made today to finish off this week:


Same meme, different subjects. So today is Force Friday? I took the same girlfriend vs other girl meme base I used earlier this week to make another meme based off it and made two different ones, which isn't very hard if you know what you're doing. Top one is based off of The Force Awakens, a.k.a. 7, because as much as I don't really ship Reylo, Kylo doesn't know how to act like he doesn't have a crush on Rey. The second one is totally me and I'm probably the only person who can relate to this. As if this blog, my Tumblr and my Instagram aren't proof enough of my problem of ignoring my OCs for Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, I don't know what is, but here's a meme for it anyway. And I've got something else for you, too:

I made a gif! And it's not an animation nor is it Frozen related... wait, what? So I happen to love Taylor Swift's newest and latest hit (I like just about all her hits. No, I don't identify as Swiftie nor do I take sides in her feuds expect for the Kim and Kanye one. I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole) and it's almost eternally stuck in my head. I keep thinking of Frozen when I hear it but Mother Gothel is just so good for it too, especially the section of lyrics I selected for the gif, so you're seeing her first. Also, I don't own a copy of Frozen or the song in question and I don't have good video editing software, so that can wait, along with my animation idea for Blank Space. Society6 is having a labor day sale that started today and it ends Monday at 11:59 pm PT, so go check it out so I don't have to draw tiny on scrap paper or make memes anymore... unless you actually like that, but that wasn't the point of this blog when I made it. I have been neglecting advertising my Redbubble, but if you want to check that out, too, go ahead. I won't judge. Have a good weekend everybody... and yet I am being selective as I write this

Just a PSA about hurricanes because we need to learn how to effectively prepare for them still: yes, I know hurricanes suck and they cause a lot of damage, but there is a lot you can do to prevent hardship afterwards. No, I don't mean have another house in a state or country not affected by hurricanes or have a huge bank account. That would be nice but who are we kidding? Most people living in hurricane zones have a hard time making enough to live. If you hear there is the possibility of a hurricane coming to your area, start getting prepared. Check to see if you are in a mandatory evacuation zone, look for shelters (especially if you have animals because few shelters allow animals and abandoned animals break people's hearts while thinking who could possibly do such a thing), start buying supplies like water, gas, etc... if you have to evacuate, don't wait till the last minute. Birds migrate before a storm comes, only ibises are the last to leave before a hurricane. Leaving last minute gets you either stuck in traffic or stuck in a storm and not everybody survives. You've got shutters? Good, put them up. You don't? Buy if you can, or get some sheets of plywood if you can afford it. And if you can't afford it, tape your windows from the inside. I weathered Hurricanes Jeanne and Francis in a second floor apartment with only tape on the windows. No broken windows even though we watched the sliding doors of the balcony concave in from the wind. Use masking or duct tape, not invisible. Not everyone can afford a pickup truck or likes them, but pickup trucks are great when streets are flooded because they're taller and their engines won't get damaged in the water. That's of course if the water isn't waist deep with a strong current. Be prepared for no running water or electricity after the storm. Oh, and mosquitoes are very active after a storm. Baby powder is great for keeping you from getting sweaty and from getting bug-bitten. I can't give every tip as I've only been through maybe three hurricanes in my lifetime and they weren't that bad, not in my personal experience, but there are plenty of sites to help you get information. Your local news station is a great source. Just stay safe. It sucks having to hear of all the damage and deaths that these storms cause, but if we can learn from it, then that makes us better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment