Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Doodle Dump + adoption PSA (dogs, not people)


      Hello. I'm back with a boatload of "fresh" doodles ("fresh" because I already put them up on Instagram and Tumblr) ranging from OCs of mine to fanart, so here they are: 





Ok, so the very top is a cartoon Tom Hiddleston imploring to Please Save the Children. It isn't really related to any goodwill campaigns, but I may have been inspired by occurrences closer to home (that's between you and me. I'm not saying anything official as of yet, but it's not in my household, I can assure you that), so I expressed my concerns in doodle form. The second is a tiny chibi doodle of my OC Kenta and his, um, cat for national cat day. I don't own cats for a few reasons including: allergic relatives, my dogs hating them, my mom's recently developed fear of them; but I don't think they're terrible pets, I just prefer dogs and stray cats are an absolute nuisance with their constant breeding and free roaming like they own everything. (That's what happens when cat people treat them like gods) Third doodle is Aidan replacing Elsa and, instead of the cold never bothering him anyway (it does and doesn't), it's smoke from burning flames. I didn't portray it here for lack of patience and inability to draw it digitally for the time being, but his castle's aesthetic is Mustafar. Yes, that lava planet from Star Wars III. Fourth doodle down is a crossover chibi doodle of Prince Hans running away from Aidan because, as much as I like him, I decided years back to make Aidan hate Hans for valid reasons. Fifth doodle I definitely remember drawing that one on Monday what with the white supremacist uprising and that girl getting killed for protesting them and their Confederate statues. As a brown girl that would be classified as "black" according to certain racist laws because I do have black in the family background (I'm a white-washed mix that grew up in a Hispanic culture, there's much more to me than supposedly not being white. In the race scale set up by the Spanish in their colonies, I'm a mix of mestizo and mulatto, so you can't really say I'm one race or another), that racism and absolute hatred of people over color really bothers me. It's not politics, it's moral. So I drew my Super Teens being upset over it, especially since Tamiko and Ariana are WOC (aka "not white"). The doodle underneath I drew Tuesday night but didn't post it until Wednesday on Insta and Tumblr because I'm trying a new schedule of keeping social media usage to three weekdays (weekends are a bit fuzzy) because I find myself checking them out of boredom and then getting into bad moods more often. Anyway, the doodle is of a "baby" modern!Hans and modern!Elsa with Hans having his hair combed by someone else at the age of 5 and Elsa looking more like potato Pebbles. Goofy looking doodles, but whatever, the point is I doodled. I spent Wednesday reviving my Japanese lessons and doodling Huey, Dewey and Louie from the new DuckTales. I don't have cable so I probably won't be watching these guys if not through Netflix but I did watch the old DuckTales as a kid so this reboot sounds cool. It seems like Disney is actually doing good when it comes to their TV channels now, what with Tangled and Big Hero 6 getting serialized and reboots like this one. I actually liked Wander Over Yonder but maybe they're making up for cancelling it in this way. Anyway, since I keep getting off subject, I can't really tell you which one is which because they were designed to look identical but their redesigns will make that easier and I like them. Also, I like the one that gets identified as the evil triplet (Louie?) because his attitude is all I don't give a damn with his simple "meh". I've only seen one trailer for the show but I only saw the teaser trailer for Zootopia and already liked Nick. Zootopia is now one of my favorite movies, so there are some things that I don't need to see much of it to know that I like it. People are harder because they're capable of fooling you, Hans is an example of that even though I'm talking real people. 

The next few days are going to be eventful, maybe not for me, but tomorrow is the whole Clear the Shelters thing, a nationwide event of adopting pets with the added benefit of waived or reduced fees (not sure which) and Monday is the solar eclipse for the "U".S. I have two dogs that we adopted and I believe that no dog or cat should end up abandoned at a shelter but I also believe that you should do research and not impulsively get a pet because it's "cute" or "cool". I didn't have a dog until I was 13 but I was looking up information on different dog breeds and watching Animal Planet shows back when they had dog training shows and stuff a couple years before, it boggles me when adults don't know anything about dogs or buy puppies and later on give them up. Do you have a baby just to give it up later because it was a lot of work or you realized you raised a brat? You do that and you're considered a horrible person/parent, so why is it ok when it's a dog? Dogs aren't babies to be spoiled, they have needs and training is one of those needs. I implore you adopt IF you are willing to make the lifelong commitment, do the research and necessary training and can provide their basic needs and a happy, stable home. Don't adopt just because I said so, a dog is a responsibility that not everyone can deal with. Heck, there are people that shouldn't have children but they do. And I do want to witness the eclipse but I don't have the glasses and I have to momentarily lock up my dogs so they don't hurt their eyes that day. Hope you guys have a good weekend with no more terrorist vans, nuclear missiles or a**holes thinking they can do everything better than you while sucking all the while. 




No comments:

Post a Comment