Monday, January 30, 2017

MerMonday


      Hello! I'm a little late but I thought I'd doodle today. So far it hasn't happened but I do have a doodle from over the weekend so here:

Isn't it wonderful? If Hans were related to Ariel I don't know why, but I felt inspired this weekend to think about mermaids and naturally I temporarily transformed my current favorite character into one. Yes, there's a story behind this picture but I never know anymore if I'm going to go through with a story so don't hold your breath. I may or may not get around to it. I feel that I may have overdone his abs here but let's just say he's been swimming so much by this time that he got more muscular there. Or maybe I just feel that way because this is my cartoon rendition of him and I don't tend to throw a lot of detail in my cartoon drawings because I like simple cartoons. Most cartoons now are animated on the computer (both 2D and 3D) so we're seeing more cartoons with five fingered hands because now they don't care if they're spending more money on ink... because they're not using ink. But I'm a very nostalgic person that has learned to hate the passage of time so naturally I have developed a cartoon style that retains characteristics that I like from the cartoons of my generation. Anyway, maybe tomorrow I could doodle something but I find that I want to draw traditionally and digitally but I don't want to do it on my computer or draw for too long. I don't get it. I'm fine with simming for more than two hours but not with drawing for that length of time. I'll come back when I've got something. And make sure to check out redbubble.com/people/michdoodles because I may put up some stuff on there again as it suddenly became popular on Tumblr over the weekend and even buying a simple little greeting card or sticker will help me get closer to accomplishing my dreams (of leaving my house and becoming a full-fledged adult and buy Sims 4 DLC for certain personal reasons). 

No comments:

Post a Comment