Monday, January 2, 2017

Can I say something crazy? WILL YOU SAY SOMETHING?!?


      Hello! We are finally rid of 2016. I had such high hopes for it. Anyway, I have a fresh doodle to ring in another year on this blog so here goes: 

Anybody notice something about this winter? I ended up grounded off of my computer and phone the last week of last year, and with nothing else to do, I asked my mom to take me to the library and I checked out A Frozen Heart. It was a bit embarrassing because I was looking for it in the teens section but it turned out to be in the children's section... under Disney Princesses. I'm in the same age group as the main characters of Frozen and I had to go to the children's section to grab a book that was sitting on top of a bookshelf advertising the Disney Princesses. I tried to ease the situation by pointing out a Star Wars book I saw on the way out of that area. I actually ran into a lot of Star Wars books in that library. Nothing wrong with that, I love Star Wars, but my sister has become mega obsessed with it. Imagine living with someone that has been turning nearly every conversation into Star Wars since December 18, 2015. I go through phases with my obsessions that don't last as long. Maybe the Powerpuff Girls, but I was in high school. Anyway, I read the book (in about a day and a half) and there was this section that I just had to draw because I thought it was hilarious: Just then, Anna opened her mouth. Hans sucked in his breath, ready. But she closed it again. Hans's eyes bulged. 

So much tension between them in the last two panels 😂. I originally imagined only his face changed, not his body language/posture, but I sketched Anna with her shoulders tense, as she's obviously doing a lot of thinking and having second thoughts, so it was natural that he would do the same. You guys must really hate English right now. I listened to Love is an Open Door (I had to) while sketching and at one moment, I paused right before she says yes to include this awkward pause. I also heard You'll Be Back (Hamilton) and the last panel sketch was more exaggerated so it was quite hilarious. Hope you guys are doing well and that you are enjoying the new year so far... until Him

No comments:

Post a Comment