Monday, February 26, 2018

Merry Monday


       Hello! I painted over the weekend! 


So a week ago, I bought this watercolor pad from Crayola at Target and I decided to start practicing watercolor. I started with my OCs Mike and Sandra. On Friday I bought two micron pens and I used them on this drawing. I was so scared I was going to screw up while inking this drawing but it turned out pretty good. I did make mistakes while inking but they're minor ones spread throughout. And then I cracked out my watercolor pencils and ta-daa! The only color here that wasn't a watercolor pencil is the skin tone, that's just a regular colored pencil I had already. The paper did buckle a bit while I was doing the background but I was using an old and probably cheap brush and it decided while I was working on the background color to misbehave with me. Whatever, this is my first time watercoloring since... early 2000's, and I didn't do much watercoloring then either, so I think this was pretty good for a first attempt. I should come back later this week (probably next month) with at least one more doodle so here's seeing ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment