Monday, October 16, 2017

Inktober 2017 #4


      Hello! It's Monday and I just finished another inktober index card so here you go:


The theme is animals and I started this card off with a cave full of bats. My mom wet the corner of the card, thankfully it happened after I lined it and posted it on Instagram and Tumblr. This happened on Friday the 13th but this had nothing to do with Halloween, because I like bats year round. I find them cute and they remind me of mice that fly by the power of jazz hands so yeah. Could have been done better but whatever, I like the concept. I am proud of the orcas I drew even though they're mostly submerged. I have liked orcas since Free Willy (I'm that old) and I should draw them more often. I just finished reading through a book on whales and dolphins so that was part of the inspiration behind it. And then there's the snow leopard that was almost a black panther until the day of because I had just drawn black animals the day before... and snow leopards I find get ignored for lions and wolves. Ugh (that's for you, DeviantArt). What makes them more interesting is that they are so hard to find in the wild so we don't know much about them. And today I drew a tanuki aka raccoon dog. Don't google these if you are under the age of sixteen because they possess some strange abilities in Japanese mythology. I only left them with one mythological quality here: a fat tanuki is a good tanuki. 

Here's Aidan feeling bored and lighting a tiny flame in the dark as the power went out. I googled Ireland this morning to see how they were doing with Ophelia (tropical storm) and there were three deaths. One involved a chainsaw. Um, why a chainsaw in a storm? I'm just questioning that logic. Well, I hope this isn't another Houston or Puerto Rico (as if the other Caribbean islands and Bangladesh don't exist but that's Americans for you... The British raised such brats). 

I posted on my Tumblr that I am leaving my Society6 and Redbubble alone til October 31st to collect some data: whatever doesn't have a purchase or at least a like/favorite will get removed after that to make room for hopefully more art that better suits popular demand. I'll be getting my first paycheck before the end of this month so I can hopefully get back to digital art in November. I say hopefully because every time I check, the replacement pen is out of stock. It better be in stock when I get my money. I'm also thinking of making some of my popular inktober drawings and making them available on my stores, to add some interest. I may in the future remove fanart when I draw and further develop my own characters, but that will get announced if it does happen. I'll be starting a new card tomorrow and I think I just figured out how I'm going to finish this month so watch out for a new post on Friday, if I'm not too busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment