Friday, October 13, 2017

Inktober 2017 #3


      Hello. I return on a Friday with more Inktober:


The theme with this card was X-Men and Friends... and Enemies. I have not drawn them in a long time so this month was a good excuse to do that. I started it off with Siryn letting out a sonic screech at the sight of a rat. That is technically animal abuse because rats and mice have sensitive hearing. That sucks for the rat. I wanted to draw Banshee in there too being done with his daughter, but no, maybe nobody would have recognized him or gotten the point. Then I almost drew just Colossus on day 10 but I thought better and instead drew a sentinel that has caught the attention of Logan and Colossus as they were walking along. Big boy C says "oh Bolshevik" but Logan has a more colorful vernacular and went for a simpler phrase that I leave to your imagination. And I drew Quicksilver apparently out for a jog because high speed comes naturally to him. This was my first time drawing him full body and I had to google him for that. I for one like both cinematic versions of him and refuse to believe that he is no longer related to Magneto in the comics. That and Hydra Cap. Tsk tsk Marvel. And I finished off with diamond form Emma Frost in the middle of shattering. This was fun to draw as I've only drawn Emma once up to her chest and Elsa cosplaying as her, and the detail was all in the cracks forming allover her and not in her costume... because she's naked. Why bother dressing up when your whole body is a crystal that glosses over the natural details of your body? I don't remember what is it that kills her in this form but Emma had an unlucky day and ran into it. I started another card today and I should be posting it here on Monday. I have to figure out days 17-20 and 25-31, I want to include Frozen/Modern Frozen and the Avengers but I don't when... I couldn't help myself and I drew modern!Hans for a bonus today. I didn't expect Emma Frost, today's inktober and modern!Hans below to get about 9 or 10 likes, but they did. I also didn't expect them to finally pick up the tree branches that I put out on the curb after the hurricane, but they did. It's been my lucky day... except for the fact that I found out Origin's sale on Sims 4 expansion packs ends Tuesday and I probably won't have money by then. Guess I'll wait for Black Friday.


I got hired at Publix and I start orientation tomorrow. This will affect the amount of time I have for drawing but I'll finally have money for art supplies and hopefully get a replacement tablet pen soon... and Sims DLC that I want, like Cats & Dogs coming out next month and Get to Work and City Living, that I've wanted to get for the longest time. Hope you have a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment