Monday, October 17, 2016

Inktober set #4


      Hello. In case you're wondering about the inktober posts having a different font until I post a new unrelated drawing, it's because I'm doing these on my phone since that's where I have the pictures but that also changes the format of the posts so yeah. Another inktober post because I finished yet another index card and I haven't drawn anything else as of yet so may as well post these now.





The theme was dinosaurs which, even when I thought the dinosaurs would come out of the TV if I got too close to it while watching Jurassic Park, I have always been interested in. Same way I'm interested in sharks, except those still exist so I believe in vigilance when at the beach thanks to Jaws. Yeah, the bottom is a plesiosaur and I know it looks like something Charles Shultz would've drawn. The tree full of tiny flying reptiles has a funny story. I had my sister google for me ginko trees because I remembered that they were present at the same time as some dinosaurs but I didn't bother with researching pterosaurs so I just did these generic little things. My sister later googled them and found a similar extinct creature so that made me feel better. And the third one down, just a simple theropod, didn't feel like being specific even though I think T-Rex, and I gave it skin details that can represent either scales or feathers as there seems to be a fight over whether dinosaurs were feathered or not. That arguing over feathers on dinosaurs has created what have been dubbed feather nazis and I'd rather not have to deal with those, so even if I doubt the presence of feathers on nearly all dinosaurs because we just can't be sure, I'll avoid the arguments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment