Monday, June 9, 2014

Old Times...


      It's the first week of summer vacation for my sisters and I'm taking some time here to post something from a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) that I have lying around. 

This is the very first time I drew Sandra. I was inspired by reading old (I mean classic :D ) Batgirl comics to create another super heroine that worked alone and at night so this was the concept drawing. I nixed the idea of Sandra fighting crime at night quickly once Mike came into the picture. Mostly because it wouldn't make any sense that her husband is letting her run around in the dark fighting crooks when she's got kids to feed and a house to keep. I've still kept elements of the original story idea in the current version. I drew so differently back then. It's such a blast from the past for me looking at how awkwardly drawn she was. I mean except for her hips and head, she's too skinny, neck placement is totally off, ears are HUGE and so are her eyes and now her bangs have taken on this anime quality to them. Oh, and she was so serious she didn't come off as this sweet innocent thing she is today. Btw, I was fifteen then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment