Monday, June 8, 2020

They matter and they demand Justice and Respect


      Hello. I have a draft waiting to be posted and I keep forgetting but I made new art so I'll be posting in order of importance. 

I couldn't decide what to put on their shirts so they're just black but anyway, I've been working on this for the past week instead of my delayed spring doodle. The fact that these are currently my only black/black biracial characters but they are also the first among their peers (storyline) to receive a first name so hey, I gave them an identity besides "the black girl". Well, I can't stand to see injustice so the fact that there is a disproportionate amount of black deaths at the hands of cops plus the beating up of people at protests for these injustices but whites are allowed to shoot up black churches and get arrested peacefully or protest quarantine over *ugh* haircuts and TGIFridays... that ain't right. It already made no sense to me that anybody would fight a method to keep themselves, their families, and their communities healthy and safe for stuff you can do at home (you have scissors? You can cut your hair. You can google copycat recipes for a lot of fast food and chain restaurants, just learn how to cook damn it) but that they did it ARMED and the cops just? let them? But people peacefully protest against cops killing over race and they get beat up and tear gassed? Innocent people get shot up just for existing? Excuse me? 

Well, like I keep saying, I have stuff I have to post here so keep a lookout for that and I have projects I want to draw too so let's hope that this will be a productive summer because as much as counties and states and countries are opening up again, my county has a lot of cases so we're still in phase one... which is great because my area is popular for tourists and we don't need idiots spreading the plague to those of us stuck living here year round. Till next doodle, toodles. Just remember to respect black people, they helped build the damn Americas but don't get credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment