Friday, June 19, 2020

Don't try this at home, it's bad for your liver


      Hello, guess who finally did their spring chibi for this year?

Me! I planned on getting this done in April but this spring has been complicated between quarantining from a pandemic, messing up my own equipment and then having to wait to get the replacement, and my own motivation swinging around wildly. During the time I couldn't do any digital drawings, I was taking advantage of Hulu and Netflix and just binge watching because I figured I had nothing better to do anyway with it not being safe to go out too much and putting my job search on pause. I'll put a list of what I've been watching down below but anyway, I think I started this doodle in late May but since I now record speedpaints from these chibi drawings I do, I didn't have much motivation to draw while "being watched" and risk my laptop messing up something in the process so I worked on other personal projects until this week that I decided I had to finish this before summer officially started (I live in Florida so it basically already is summer but I'm going by the calendar here). So here we have some more villains enjoying the spotlight of my seasonal chibi series in the form of Ramahari (redhead on the right) and Kanteor (on the left). Their names are made up from syllables I mashed together because they're aliens but they might coincide with real names. I found out last year that the name Janah does in fact exist so it's possible my other alien names exist too. So this is the most adult thing I have drawn in quite a while plus I'm posting this so um children, don't drink straight out of the sake bottle. In the timeline I have set up for these guys, this didn't happen in 2020 but they would totally go celebrate Hanami in the middle of a pandemic with no face mask in sight and laugh at everybody actually following the rules. They don't give a damn about anybody else. I forgot a detail that would help distinguish the bottom of Ramahari's foot and possibly made the kimono she's wearing too busy but whatever. 

Wanna know what I've been watching during this pandemic? Since March, I have binge-watched/finished: classic Powerpuff Girls, My Hero Academia, She-ra and the Princesses of Power, Avatar: The Last Airbender, currently finishing up season two of Haikyu!! I've also watched a few episodes of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Gilmore Girls, and rewatched random episodes of Voltron: Legendary Defender. As I keep joining fandoms, I wonder what the heck I was doing in 2016 when some of these shows were popular/getting started. I was likely just being obsessed with Disney and Tom Hiddleston to think of getting back into anime. Considering the Voltron fandom has been known to be toxic at times over a ship, probably a good thing I didn't join in 2016, especially since my dad cancelled his subscription in 2017 so I would have been getting spoilers (I already was back then but I wasn't in the fandom so I didn't care) and then I didn't have Hulu until 2018 so yeah.

Till next doodle (or sketch dump), toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment