Monday, February 17, 2020

Voltron AUs bookmarks


      Hello! I have something for you:

I've been doing all these doodles for my Voltron AUs where I apparently feel the need to physically alter Lance and I just wanted bookmarks with these in specific so here we are. It was fun designing human!Allura's outfit. I was at a bit of a loss as to how to dress her but then it came to me to dress her in a turtleneck sweater and bell bottoms. The shoes were harder to land on but dumping the original idea of platforms was a good decision, even if it means cutting out a joke where she and Keith switch shoes and leave poor little Altean!Lance so confused as to how Keith grew like five inches overnight and Allura shrank. Designing Altean!Lance's outfit also brought challenges. I decided to just use Allura and Coran as references so obviously I copied the bodice section of Allura's royal gown but what to do with his waist did throw me for a loop. Took a good long while before I settled on a design for the dividing of legs from body and then when I was lining for the bookmark, I ended up changing it again 😂 I think it's safe to say that this is the final design. Fem!Pike's design was figured out early this year I think and all that gave me trouble was how to do her hair. I have a file saved with the first attempt at that and it was terrible. The trick here was to evoke Catra's mane. I do have a bone to pick with whoever decided to use more than fifteen colors in a design for a cartoon character. Yeah, you heard me right. In fact, I didn't count and I really should have, but I think there are 20 colors in Pike's palette. Ten are in the head region alone, and I am counting the little details like the scar over the eye. It's terribly complicated. 

I am considering offering these for sale but I'd like to see some interest first so I'll hold off on that. Should I put these designs up on Redbubble and Society6? Hmm, I don't know. As much as I need the dough (no pun intended even though I do like puns) I don't want to rush into anything and then be disappointed. Well, hope to return later this week with more doodles so until then, toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment