Friday, December 8, 2017

Forceful Ladies Friday (and a frozen heart)


      Hello! I said last Wednesday I might post again on Friday... didn't think that would be this Friday... whatever, I'm here now with some goodies: 


I started drawing on another index card Star Wars characters and so far I've drawn the leading ladies of the new and original trilogies (the prequels won't fit on this card, they'll need their own), Rey and Leia. I drew a rough sketch for Rey last week but it was Monday when I did the finished product above. Used the cover of VII for reference. I know Daisy Ridley has freckles but I don't have them memorized like I do with Hans and Anna (I accidentally typed Hand... he does have big hands, unlike some people...) so I left them out. I still refer to Daisy Ridley by her full name because I have a dog named Daisy, gotta differentiate. I kept attempting to sketch Leia since Tuesday or Wednesday but it wasn't coming out right so today I erased the last sketch I had, google image searched, and in less than 40 minutes (I know this because like immediately after posting the WIP I worked on her and the time stamp on Instagram was 39 minutes ago when I posted the final) I finally had a worthy Leia likeness. I was listening and singing along to Invader Invader when I finished and I raised my arms Tuscan raider style in happiness. Yes, I'm a happy nerd 😄 I have another doodle unrelated to Star Wars but still a Disney property:

Quickly sketched it on Wednesday after hearing that Olaf's Frozen Adventure got pulled from theaters because of complaints of its length and placement with Coco. It's a sad Olaf trying to seek reassurance from an indifferent Hans. Hans isn't in the short so what does he care? There's a cold front moving along the U.S. and will affect me too (48 degrees Sunday morning). I am blaming Elsa for it. She has motive... This calls for a special doodle. The ladies have 7 likes each on Instagram but Hans and Olaf have 8... wonder what my best nine will be this year... Well, hope you have a good weekend even if it's cold outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment