Saturday, August 10, 2024

SonAmy Week Day 6: Dancing*

 

      Hi, I managed to put together a piece for today. It's not the original day 6 theme red thread of fate but thankfully there are bonus themes so I used one of them, hance the asterisk in the title. Here you go:


Hey, it's Sonic Boom SonAmy! I personally hadn't seen any depictions of these alternate versions of them so I thought "hey, I'll draw them". This came after I decided in my sketching process that Amy would be the one doing the dipping lol. It's actually that show's fault I even like the ship cuz before I was like nah, he doesn't even like her. But the show depicts them much differently and heck, after you watch the show, you can see the very subtle SonAmy even in the mainline games from the early 2000s. At least with the Sonic Adventure games you can. Anyway, I think the SonAmy dynamic in Sonic Boom is the best so far (haven't read the IDW comics) even though I played Frontiers. Why do I say that? Cuz at least it isn't followed up with Sonic and Knuckles having more sexual tension between them than with their suggested girlfriends 😭 Plus if you play Final Horizon, some of Knuckles' dialogue towards Sonic sounds like they're freaking boyfriends... in front of Amy. You might notice I made some modifications to Boom!Sonic's design and that is because I think the one used kinda sucks. Like why so much sports tape messily covering his gloves and shoes? Why a brown bandana? I seriously thought before watching the show that it was post apocalyptic because of his stupid brown bandana. Don't ask me why, it just struck me that way. Amy's design there is peak tho so I left it unchanged. Shadow's is also peak too, too bad he's a dumb bad guy with a chip on his shoulder against Sonic in particular. He's funny that way but still. Anyway, toodles till I post another doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment