Monday, August 5, 2024

SonAmy Week Day 1: Manga

 

      Hi! So I forgot to post here for a few months lol. I was hardly drawing digitally because this old tablet of mine was giving me some trouble where if I unplugged it, my laptop would restart... well, I broke the cheap usb cable I was using for it and got a new one last week and I have not had that issue so I guess it was the cable 😂. It's still an old tablet though and I have such a hard time doing lineart cuz it's a regular drawing tablet with no screen so I could still use an upgrade but it doesn't have to be now thankfully. Anyway, I found out about this SonAmy week a couple months ago and thought I'd try it out so here I am posting my first piece for it: 


I went for them reading manga because I couldn't figure out what manga/anime I'd draw them as or if I should do a manga style comic so I came up with a third option. They're reading Sailor Moon and Dragonball because last summer I had caught up to One Piece (anime) and I was between these two for next anime cuz I was in the mood for some more 90s nostalgia... I ended up choosing Sailor Moon (watched season one alongside Fruits Basket) and became obsessed with a franchise that has taken notes from Dragonball😅. So yeah, they're enjoying a nice date just reading while sitting in what looks like a macaroon because of course I did my cheap attempt at a background. I cannot be bothered to draw a full scenery (and I wanted to draw manga/comics like this...) so they're not even on a full sofa and to fill the white space and draw your eyes to the center where they're sitting, semi-circular swoops of color. Yeah, that works. Anyway, I've gotta finish up prompt two and figure out what I'll draw for day three. Oh, and I have a couple pieces I finished between April and now but I'll post those later. Anyway, toodles. Hope to see you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment