Tuesday, August 6, 2024

SonAmy Week Day 2: 90s

 

      So no one told you life was gonna be this way... 👏 👏👏👏👏 Ok, so I managed to finish the prompt for day two a little while ago (helps that I don't normally work on Tuesdays hehe) so here it is:


I thought this one was pretty fun, or at least the concept was fun enough. I mean, these are characters that were created in the 90s, they should be allowed some nostalgia for the period. There was some pretty good stuff in the 90s. Not gonna list it now but yeah, they keep getting glossed over in favor of the 80s, early 2000s, and the 70s a bit since that fashion is coming back... and you know, Gen X loves the 80s cuz they peaked in high school and could buy pizza for a dollar (I might be exaggerating a bit). Anyway, I knew I wanted to draw them in 90s fashion but throw in some character elements from that time period so Amy's color scheme is based on her classic outfit but I didn't want to draw her in the skirt lol. Besides, putting her in overalls makes her look more like the tomboy she was originally described to be so it fits. Sonic's marketing being all "this guy's cooler than Mario! He's hip!" definitely inspired me and he tends to be associated with skateboards so I had to make him a skater boy - 'scuse me, boi. He's wearing the light speed shoes from Sonic Adventure because that game came out in '98 and I happen to be playing through that game for the first time ever too. His shirt has the pilot emblem he used to pop out of at the beginning of his games. The background is based off of some Japanese Sonic CD box art I saw on google and that is Amy's first video game appearance so yes, had to do it. Well, I explained this piece enough and I have stuff to do, including starting up tomorrow's prompt. Hope I can make that one in time cuz I do work tomorrow and I work in an office so I can't be bringing my drawing setup with me. Anyway, toodles and hope to be back tomorrow with another piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment