Monday, December 30, 2019

If Lance Were a Girl


      Howdy! I know the year ends tomorrow but I think this is my last blog post of 2019, unless I break my rule of taking a break from the internet just to post the doodle I started today (if I do, I gotta remind myself to edit this). Ok, so here goes:



Look at that, I genderbent Lance and only Lance from Voltron. What first started as me realizing people had trouble genderbending Lance but not Keith (fem!Keith is so gorgeous that I started questioning my sexuality one time) so I made it a challenge to actually do one of my own. So I did. I felt it was so much easier than I expected and I actually like how she came out. And then I went down the rabbit hole of imagining a universe where Lance is actually a girl named Lana and that is the biggest change to seasons one through six. (Oh yeah, I plan on rewriting seasons seven and eight for this AU but keeping some elements from them because it wasn't all trash) I've got a lot of ideas swirling when it comes to this AU and I am not too proud of what I have been shipping but *sigh* when the show gives you a ship that you think is cute and then snatches it away from you (actually, there were a few cases of setting up for something to happen in a later episode and then it doesn't so like RUDE), you resort to doing things you didn't expect to. Anyways, since my fem!Lance features everybody else in their canon genders, I had to invent a moment of Keith getting yelled at and having his mullet insulted. A good portion of these doodles are actually some of my favorite Lance moments from the show, so of course I had to draw them but with Lana. Didn't think I'd go from being obsessed with Venom and immediately switching to Spider-Man, and then ending the year obsessed with Voltron and having Lance being my baby boy number two (second only to Keith), but at least I've managed to survive this crazy year. Well, till my next doodle, toodles to 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment