Monday, October 29, 2018

Inky OCtober 5: I retired these Mains but brought them back for Inktober


      Hello. This should have been posted a long time ago but my last post got complicated so I didn't work on this blog post but I kept drawing:




Ok, so we've got these four characters that I developed and then didn't come up with anything else for them so I retired them after maybe a year or two. First one is Carmen Sanchez, an athletic, tomboy Cuban American girl from Miami. She loses her patience easily and was constantly losing her patience in her story. Second girl I drew in March as a cartoon with a flower crown. She was very much loved on both instagram and tumblr. Her name is Guey and she is a Cuban Taino, having been a teenager just when the Spaniards arrive. She is an ancestor to Carmen and has a very happy personality and is very open to exploring new things. She would be a riot if she were in our times. Ok, now the third drawing happened while I was depressed yet I managed to draw a happy go lucky character with a big smile on her face. I like this drawing actually. This is Carmen's grandma Nancy Alejandra Sanchez (no maiden name at this time so just going by her married name). She became a teenager before the communist takeover in Cuba, my only indicator of age at this current time. Last but not least, Carmen's ancestor from early imperial Spain Isabella. She was an adult by the time of the Spanish conquest of the Americas but I drew her as a teenager. Isabella thinks herself too good for everyone and has no patience for anything. Oh, and Spain is the best according to her. I now know that no one had bangs back in the late 1400s, but I designed this character in manga style. Also, her face looks similar to Hans and my sister pointed out that her bangs looked like Sandra's. *sigh* Well, I have only two days left in inktober, too many to post on here before then. 😩

No comments:

Post a Comment