Friday, October 19, 2018

Inky OCtober 3: Project:Reclaim Earth Mains


      Hello. I should have done this last week on Friday, but I didn't. I had a long day at work and I just wanted to finish my inktober piece for that day. Should have done this last Saturday, but I didn't. I got depressed and didn't even get to go out and do what I wanted to do on that day. Could have done it on Sunday but Sunday is an awkward day for me and I was depressed on that day too, but I managed to get myself out of the house for my errands. Monday was a long day at work. Wednesday was a long day at work and had a frustrating ending so forget that. Anyway, here are some more completed inktober for you:




Some of these characters I've drawn and posted here before in manga form but it's time for a formal introduction for this crew. Years ago I sort of debuted Kenta and Ryo but for anyone that has discovered me after that: Kenta Hayashi was born to a divorced Japanese woman, which is hard to believe when you see this 6 foot tall, blond and amber eyed guy. His mom tells a story that he finds hard to believe. Ryo Takahashi is his playboy friend, expected by his father to join and eventually inherit the family pest control business... which he is not interested in because he has plans of starting a psychology practice. Emi Kimura is a friend of Kenta's... at least that's what he says. She's a highly optimistic girl even though her life circumstances call for more pessimism. She's not really a main character but she's important enough to the story that I included her in the lineup. And last but not least is this other character (who is isn't really a main character either, but I have to have an equal ratio of male to female characters now so I threw the girls in to even out a male-heavy cast) Janah. She is actually an alien with only two recorded emotions: rage and disgust. Oh, the few times she has smiled have because of Kenta, and Ryo suffering some sort of misfortune. She is not here of her own choosing but is definitely settling in permanently due to mitigating circumstances. I drew the girls sharing a page so Emi's hair is cutting into Janah's picture. Man, this inktober is hectic because it feels a bit like I am biting more than I can chew, what with work and the new format I have adopted this year. I might go back to prompts and my cartoon style next year. Not following the prompts isn't entirely a bad thing. I don't have to think too hard what exactly I am going to draw because I planned which characters I am drawing on which day so I just have to figure out how I want them facing, what expression and how to interpret them. Oh, and I have finally figured out how to take brighter pictures with my phone but that didn't take effect on these pictures. Hopefully I will post tomorrow. Till then. 

1 comment: