Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Well, well, well. Look what we have here


     Hello! I haven't been here in a week and someone in Portugal decided to discover my blog over the weekend? Hola! Muito abrigato for visiting. And that's like all the Portuguese I know. I came here for a reason...


Whoops, I can only post two of the pictures I have because I made an Instagram post with my phone plugged into the computer so the computer won't read that new picture right now 😞 Anyway, I've obviously been inspired to draw Frozen stuff again but not because I'm currently obsessed with it. Nah, it's because of a fanfic writer I'm following on Tumblr. First picture is part of a series of doodles in my Frozen sketchbook of modern!Elsa in gowns. I was inspired to draw her in a "butt cape" as drawingwiffwaffles on YouTube calls it and I added that cold shoulder look (I literally didn't know what it was called until last week). Like come on, wouldn't she wear something like that? And the second picture is a page I have been working on since end of last year. It is a page dedicated to fanart of this fanfic. Check it out so you understand what I drew here. The writer loved it and apparently felt chills. It took me a while to finish this page partly because she went quiet on Tumblr and naturally didn't update her fanfiction, and partly because I worked out of order and work takes a lot of my time now. I actually like work but I'm supposed to be working part time and it doesn't feel that way. I actually worked 40 hours one week because I covered for someone on a day I had off and I rarely clock out at exactly the time I'm scheduled to finish so I have extra minutes that add up. But I have been getting a lot of stuff that I either needed or wanted since I got hired. I bought a bed and dresser, things I really needed because I used to use a cheap plastic set of drawers that were a hand-me-down from a former aunt by way of marriage and my grandma's old mattresses. I recently put insurance on the childhood family car again and I plan on registering it in my name so I can drive it. And I have my driver's license finally. I've been busy adulting and it's taking a toll on my art (or at least this blog) but I love drawing and it's great for relaxing at work during lunch or after work while listening to music or waiting from my sims to load so yeah. It is slowing down at my job because where I work is very tourist driven so the majority of the snowbirds have left. Ironically I'm working more hours and like five days a week and I'm seeing less coworkers or at least certain people I'm seeing less often so I don't how this summer is gonna go. But it's good to be busy so yeah. Well, I'm going to enjoy my day off tomorrow and get some stuff done. Maybe I'll come back with more doodles on Friday. Wait, I definitely have to come back because I couldn't post one tonight. Till next time, toodles. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment