Monday, May 7, 2018

Mermay Monday and a belated Star Wars Day


      Hello! I'm finally posting (yay for small miracles!) and I've got a couple of doodles to freshen up this blog: 


I'm using Mermay as an excuse to work on some mermaids because I have to develop my stories and I made an original species that... I'll save that for later 😉 So the first one I drew last week on the 1st and yes, I'm aware she looks like Ariel, I did that on purpose because the original idea I had wasn't working out so I warmed up with an Ariel look-alike. Friday was May the fourth and I wanted to draw something for it so I sketched out a Rey in my old sketchbook (I've gotten used to textured paper so I didn't like how smooth that sketchbook is. It's from a Crayola set my grandparents gifted me back when I was in school). I didn't post her immediately because I drew her late in the day and my third-party Instagram app has been glitching and not letting me scroll down my feed so I feared I couldn't post. That probably influenced the expression I drew on Rey. I ended up posting her on my Instagram and Tumblr on Saturday. Today's mermaid is peeking from behind a surfboard checking out the remains of a shark attack while her hair looks like an octopus 🐙 I love the octopus emoji on my phone (Windows), this one looks like the emblem of a villain, but there is no shark emoji. That has to change. I plan on doing more mermaid drawings but things are going to get scarier from here. You've been warned. I hope to post more doodles on here soon so stay tuned. Till then, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment