Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Uhhhh, they're all fabulous?


      Hello! My week already started but I forgot to post on Monday after work (sorry) but I have more doodles today than I did Monday, so there: 



It's actually backwards but whatever. The top picture is of my latest watercolor and it's of an old OC that I revived for this art. She's not me. She's full-blood Taino from pre-colonial Cuba, whereas I'm a Cuban mutt with curly hair and a rounder face. I think I got my face shape from my Irish ancestors (yeah I have Irish. I don't how much, gotta do a DNA test), seeing as I've seen Irish women with similar faces. Maybe I should introduce her since she's here: Her name is Guey (Sun/Sunshine in Taino), she's a teen when the Spaniards reach Cuba. She actually comes from a story involving time travel but I don't know that I'll do anything with that anytime soon so it got retired a few years back. She'll probably make cameos in the future though (pun not intended). I did some research and made sure to draw Cuban flowers. My love for orchids has been explained. Before I finished the top picture today, I drew on Monday a baby Shatterstar. I got the idea Sunday night and decided to torture myself with sketching out my idea of him as a wee babby. Yes, he's naked but it's in the artistic way 😃 I was surprised to see 13 likes on Instagram with him this morning. And someone on Tumblr going by bobertdrake liked it (I get a kick out of that url). During the Oscars this past Sunday, I sketched modern!Elsa in Allison Janney's gown even though there were so many very nice gowns. I sketched out a couple of the ones that I liked. Sad thing is, the only nominated movies I saw were Star Wars and Kong:Skull Island... and neither one won anything. It was nice to see Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, and Lin-Manuel Miranda. 

It's funny that today is International Women's Day. My first ever post showcasing my art on the internet was four years ago. It did not feature any females, just two of my boy OCs, one complaining like as if he was on his period and the other informing him that is International Women's Day. A lot has happened since then. I developed both my cartoon and stylized realism style, I got into digital art, I reworked my manga style and consequently started redesigning my OCs (should draw them more often... I've been meaning to get a sketchbook just for them), I lost the ability to do digital art at the moment, I got a job, and now I've been focusing on traditional art in my free time. To think this blog started because I had too much free time. I should change that in my description... Well, I'll be going now, see you next doodle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment