Friday, March 23, 2018

Friday Follies


      Hello! It's Friday and I have some doodles:



Sorry, with work six days of the week now and not doing digital art (and I haven't gotten my tax return because of identity theft 😭long story... so I haven't gotten a replacement tablet), it's harder for me to post on here. I post just fine on Instagram and Tumblr because it's instant, and I think I need to get a camera just for that because every new post and picture steals away precious memory from my phone. Anyway, I doodled a fan character on scrap paper because I don't want to have to start a new page in my X-Men sketchbook, I need to finish one of the other pages I started. I drew her at the ages of 12 and 16, respectively. Then I finished my watercolor pet project with cartoon Kenta, his cat and this baby boy Takeshi. Not happy with how the cat's colors came out but I am limited with my colored pencils (both regular and watercolor) so I made an amateur attempt at blending blue with gray (I imagine a blue gray color). I bought a waterbrush last weekend and used it on this picture because I got tired of the old cheap brush misbehaving while I was using it. At the moment, I had a little more control with the old fashioned brush but that's because I've never used a waterbrush before now. I learned to let gravity bring the water down to the paper. And today, scrolling through my Tumblr dashboard brings up a lot of Frozen the Broadway because I am following a lovely fanfic writer/cosplayer who goes by wintermoonqueen and is very excited for it, and Anna is going to be supremely awkward in the show so there's my renditions of a couple of stills from the show. Yes, that's a cartoon version of John Riddle. Anna is leaning more towards her movie version but I did incorporate some of Patti Murin's Anna into how I drew her. I knew Anna was touchy feely, but she's taking it to a whole new level. Oh, I finally got my driver's license! I did like the pig in Zootopia, looking away from the camera when taking the picture but I got a good picture anyway...? I'm getting my bed and next week I'll start saving up to get my car running so that I don't have to depend on my parents (my mom mostly) so much anymore. I hope to come back next week with more doodles, even with my hectic schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment