Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Inktober 2017 #7 and #8


      I finished Inktober and I did it without skipping a day and going back to it! I actually finished the second to last card this past weekend but I didn't want to post on Sunday the day after I finished and I didn't feel like getting on the computer on Monday after work (which was from 6:30 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon but I saw dogs and babies so it was worth it), plus my established weekday break is Tuesday and Thursday and last night I had to go out (not for Halloween) so wasn't going to be posting then. So I'm posting the last two index cards at once today, here ya go: 



I went with an MCU Marvel theme and I got to incorporate a lot of characters but there were still those that didn't get included. I started off the Marvel theme with Loki under the impression that he has flying privileges and a few other characters with piloting abilities arguing against it. Can you guess who they are? Then I drew Ant-Man trying to get Hope Pym's attention... this got captioned with "Shrinking to the size of an ant has its advantages... this is not one of them"... It was my first time drawing either of these characters and while I drew Hope from memory, I had to look him up for his mask. And then I drew Spiderman climbing a brick wall... wow, how creative. I still haven't seen Homecoming and I hear it's good so I'll eventually get around to it. I drew him so small that I think I should jump into the teeny weeny challenge started by Kasey the Golden on YouTube. This card was finished off with Steve Rogers aka Captain America doing what he does best: being dramatic and falling from heights. This could have easily been a deleted scene from Civil War considering I drew Bucky looking so done with Steve as he watches him go past the window in a salute and Falcon is in the background probably getting ready to catch Steve. It was hard executing this one because I knew I wanted Steve falling out of a tall building with Bucky catching sight of him falling but I couldn't draw it the way I first imagined it until eventually I got this, which I think is a great rendition of it. Oh, and I was watching Wonder Woman for the second time that week. Ah yes, I have finally seen the wonder that is the Wonder Woman movie. I don't think DC can top this, I don't know if they can. We'll see when Justice League rolls around. Ok, the next card was started this past Sunday and I thought I wanted to insert the women somewhere so I had them standing together with Captain Marvel who's movie will be coming soon and also they can be standing together against sexual harassment and abuse, because I believe Carol's 616 counterpart was raped. I could be wrong but that's what I read one time while perusing the internet. They didn't come out too good here but I can redo it later. And Monday was fun because I drew Hulk and Thor together with Thor still thinking he has any sort of control over the Hulk. He doesn't. I thought the movie was coming out next week but it's this Friday and I don't know if I'll be seeing it in theaters. I want to see it but doesn't mean I can't wait to see it, you know? I want to know what happens either way but no spoilers. I wasn't as affected by Steve Trevor's death as the rest of my family because I accidentally saw a spoiler about it on Tumblr. And last but not least, T'Challa not appreciating Tony Stark taking part of the Black Panther identity for a joke. I finally drew him but I don't like how the pen colored his face. I didn't want to touch his face, but I didn't want anyone accusing me of whitewashing him either. I will redraw this later because I think it could have been done better. So I completed another Inktober successfully, all while starting at my first job. I might come back on Friday with something but till then, toodles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment