Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy Four Year Anniversary Frozen (not the full cast, but it'll do for now)


      Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in over a week but I haven't been drawing much although that might be changing as I have three doodles to share today: 


First one is from last week inspired by Lady Gaga's performance at the AMA's (P!nk's was good too... sideways on a building? That's balls) as it reminded me that I imagine Hans having been into competitive fencing as a teen. I can do a better job at the helmet/mask next time. I discovered this fanfiction writer on Tumblr who goes by wintermoonqueen during the tail end of the summer and she writes specifically Frozen fanfiction. I've read all she's got on her Viking AU Land of Eternal Winter and she started an alternate ending AU which has inspired me to draw more frequently again (and her writing brings up such imagery that I want to draw it) so I started with the back of an index card and so far I've drawn Elsa looking sad and a pouty Anna. Oh yeah, they're in my stylized realism because I should practice it again, especially since I've ditched that Disney imitation I used to do, to make better, more serious art when it's needed (because cartoons can't convey that as well). I drew Elsa last night while watching a show on Netflix called Velvet (it's from Spain but there's English subtitles) and Anna was drawn today amidst some simming (I finally got to play during the romance festival). It took me a while for both because I'm rusty but I'm happy with the results. Now for the guys... I wanna get a sketchbook just for this kind of stuff, you know, fanart especially of the fanfiction I'm reading, and I just might this week because they sell some sketchbooks at my job (already bought a pack of mechanical pencils and a two-pack of ultra fine sharpies). Today happens to be four year anniversary of Frozen's release, which I've been waiting for, so yeah! Sadly I heard there's absolutely no Hans in Olaf's Frozen Adventure (boo-hoo... they could have done a quick cameo like in Frozen Fever). How many more years do we see Elsa dominating the market? Oh well, at least Beyoncé isn't voicing her in a dumb "live-action" remake. Really? Lion King? We all know everything will be CG, just call it the CG remake because nothing there will be "live". At least Mufasa hasn't changed. I used to love that movie, key word being USED to. I grow tired of anything any of my sisters play too many times. I just got into Let It Go recently because my sister is still obsessed with Moana. The past two weekends (not this one), my dad played music through Chromecast and he'd play Let It Go... sing-along version. My parents are finally learning the lyrics I guess. Guess I'll go, it's kinda late and even though I don't have work tomorrow, I'd like to do stuff early in the day so toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment