Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday Modern Frozen Doodle Dump


      Hello. I'm back with more doodles I have produced this past week so let's go:



After drawing a modern!Frozen/Splatoon crossover in the form of Anna and
Elsa dressed as the Squid Sisters, I thought of doing more crossovers between modern!Frozen and popular Nintendo game franchises, so here are Kristoff as Link, Hans as a modified Bowser, and a Pikmin Olaf with a couple of Pikmin snowgies. Kristoff's tiny ponytail reminds me that I recently cut my hair again and I thought that would make ironing my hair straight easier than when it was long. I was wrong. Still took me two hours and I did a little comparison below to show what happens:


Yeah, it actually starts going wavy almost immediately, but I feel the next morning is always a bust so I'll just wear it as a ponytail until I wash my hair again. My mom doesn't get it because she wishes her hair was straight and she worries about looking good. I learned to appreciate my curly hair as a teenager and when I straighten my hair, I want it STRAIGHT, I don't care for volume or waves because my hair produces that on its own. But we've got a crummy old iron and a crummy old house that is humid and the climate outside is usually hot and humid... I could use a change. I've noticed that I have posted a couple of doodles on here twice because this waiting to do doodle dumps and doing it through my phone is confusing me when I add pictures so I don't realize until later that I already posted that picture, so if you scroll down my blog and see the same picture twice, just ignore it. When I remember my age, I feel old but then people that I have known for nearly a decade or maybe more ask me about school. I'm a baby-faced old lady 😒 (I love this emoji thing Google added to Blogger, if only Tumblr followed suit in the browser) I'm not old, I just feel old when I think of the time that has passed since certain stuff and how there's a whole generation of kids that aren't yet 10 or even 5 and they know how to operate a cell phone or tablet and they watch YouTube to entertain themselves. YouTube was becoming a thing when I was in middle school and I didn't care for it much because I thought it was where stupid boys put up stupid videos. That's how old I am, and yes, I'm aware that is still part of the content, but I realized how useful YouTube can be around high school when I was learning how to knit. I don't remember how I thought it would be useful for that, but yes it is. My mom once watched a video on how to breastfeed, and she had three kids who all got breastfed at some point, but if you want to learn about it or you're curious... you don't need some lactation consultant squeezing and manhandling your boobs and making you feel uncomfortable when you can watch another woman showing you how to express yourself on herself. Before I go, here's an old doodle of the Frozen crew when I first drew them in my cartoon style. 


I checked Frozen out from the library again last week after a couple of months looking for it only to find the sing-along (I don't own the movie at this present time still and I don't want the sing-along because I have a sister who annoyingly feels the need to sing along, read subtitles and "talk" to the characters) and I saw it yesterday again with my parents. My dad called Hans a butthole and a drama queen. I'm not kidding and I'm not mincing words either. And nearly two years ago, when my grandma joined in on watching it with me and my friend, she called him shameless in Cuban. That happens to be sin verguenza but tends to sound like simberguenza. Useful if you come across a Cuban, because unlike me, they shamelessly speak in Spanish without caring who's around them. Well, that's what I got for now, hope to be back soon. And if you want to see digital doodles returning here, then maybe you could help me save up some money for at least a new Wacom tablet pen by shopping here. They have sales on Mondays and Thursdays if you want to get a deal. Ok, see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment