Monday, April 3, 2017

I NEED A HERO (So much stuff)


      Hello. I am sorry, but as you can imagine, technical difficulties still abound. After the horsies post, I doodled the stylized modern!Hans below because I felt like it two Saturdays ago:

Then last Wednesday it occurred to me to check the driver for the drawing tablet on my computer. My computer thought I had a Cintiq Companion (I wish) so I downloaded and installed a new driver for my particular tablet. It worked so I worked on a couple of doodles and posted the previews on Instagram and Tumblr: 



Then on Friday, the driver went to heck and pen pressure stopped working again. After redownloading/reinstalling it, it still didn't work. Correction: pen pressure is no longer achievable on my Windows 10 computer. It still works on the family computer that has Windows 7, a little wonky, but it works. And I have basically run out of room on my flash drive, I only have space for one or maybe two doodles, so I need to raise up some money. Before I continue on that tanget, here are three doodles I came up with last Friday night because at some point or another, I have to doodle, there's no other way:


They are all clearly stylized, but the top one is Elsa (no established timeline), and the middle is a modern!fem!Hans, because Prince Hans and modern!Hans are not enough. I drew her hair in a bun for ease but I have seen so many good genderbends that I can see Hanna wearing nearly all of the different hairstyles I've seen. And the bottom one... my sister was talking about Stardew Valley and she said that she thought that the characters would look good in my (stylized realism) style. I started with Shane. Continuing on that tangent earlier, I need to raise some money to continue doodling digitally. I had my eye on a Huion W58, which is less than $90 and has wireless capabilities, and a portable external hard drive. I couldn't see the exact price of the W58 last week for some reason, it seems they are running out of that model in particular. The hard drive I have wanted for the longest to back up my phone and have as extra storage but now it's pretty much necessary for drawing, too. So I started a campaign on Tumblr (whether they participate or even pay attention is a different story) called Save the Doodles. I'm gonna have to whip up some doodles to help with that, but Save the Doodles is basically to spread the word about my Redbubble shop so that there is a higher chance that someone will buy something that would bring me one step closer to digitally drawing again. Because this sucks that I had these projects planned and suddenly I can't even finish them now. I'll upload my doodle list (although it has grown by now) on here probably tomorrow so you can see what I have planned for when I can get back to drawing. I'm also going to have less free time this month so, long story short, TLDR, whatever, doodles will occur less frequently this month. Hope you guys are good, I heard there was a terrorist attack in Russia, and that I can doodle soon.   




No comments:

Post a Comment