Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Feminism (the only thing that ties it all together, besides cartoons)


      Hello! Good news (to distract from the bad)... I finished another doodle Wednesday night because I still wanted to take advantage of pen pressure working and it went along quicker than I thought... AND I did a doodle today because it's still working. Yay.
 


Yes, I have finally finished that Daddy Hiddles doodle that I started two months ago!!! And, I did a redraw of that X-23 poster I drew three years ago (as of tomorrow). Yeah, I've had this blog for three years. Clearly Tom is channeling Captain James Conrad in his form of dress here 😉 I have currently knocked off three doodles off the list that you have yet to see here but was posted in Instagram and Tumblr (oops...). That's good, because I tend to forget ideas when they start to add up. I'm glad that I was able to do these and that I can see the improvement I have made in drawing (both digitally and traditionally). Now with the new X-23 poster, the old one looks like crap. That was probably my first doodle done completely digitally so to be able to redo that, even when I thought that I might not be able to, is pretty much satisfying to show, not just yourself but others, that improvement can be made when you practice often. I feel like her claws are a little too close to each other but that's fine. It still looks better than the original. It probably helps that I've learned to sketch in the beginning because it does help in figuring out size, placement/positioning and makes the finished product look better because you already know how you have to draw the line. I've been talking so much about X-23, I've left out Tom 😅 A reason why it took me so long to work on that doodle is because I had sketched his head wrong... Yes, I sketched his head, it didn't feel right so I didn't work on him. And then it was sketching his body, too. Basically, I am out of practice in drawing Tom Hiddleston which is why this doodle took forever, especially when I decided that I was going to finish it and pen pressure stopped working. Yeah, I had planned on finishing him when pen pressure broke the first time. Well, I don't know if it'll still be working next week so remember my Redbubble and I'm thinking I might add these doodles to my shop soon. Well, hope you guys have a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment