Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Heck-of-a-lot of doodles Humpday


      Hello. I know I missed a week but I just have been busy, not spending much time on my computer and my dad took the week off from work last week, so even though I don't stop doodling, I forget to post on here, especially since sometimes it's easier to start the draft on my phone because the pictures are on my phone but... sometimes I don't want to waste my battery and I can be forgetful if I procrastinate a lot or hear something in passing. SO, last Monday the (teaser) trailer for Thor Ragnarok was dropped and MY GOD it looks like it will be a joyride at the least, so I doodled two of my reactions to watching the trailer the first time around: 

I got so excited when Loki showed up that I slammed my knees into my keyboard tray and that threw my mouse off and I had to pick up my mouse, move it back into position so I could see the video because it hovered over the show desktop function. Oh, and I spent about a week reading Tarzan of the Apes. I love Disney's Tarzan and last year's Tarzan with Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie looked intriguing (not that I've seen it yet), so I thought it was time to read the original. I just kept forgetting who wrote it (Edgar Rice Burroughs) and I sometimes get more preoccupied with finding other books I want to read (the Jungle Book, which I cannot find in my local libraries) that it wasn't till now that I thought to read it. Well, I did and I enjoyed it, to the point that I wanted to draw Tarzan, which exactly didn't turn out the way I wanted it to: 




The first one is meant to be Tarzan, drawn last Thursday night after finishing the book, but he looks more like Tom Hiddleston with a bad haircut and huge shoulders. I will redo him digitally, hopefully that will help. And the other two are Jane and Clayton, respectively. Jane is ehh, ok and Clayton looks way too eager. Well, if you read the book, you may actually find the face to be appropriate. Ah, I also got sick, starting last Thursday, with a head cold. It started with a sore throat for two days, then it was a weird feeling in my ears for a day, and a stuffy nose for three days, with a very sneezy Monday, which inspired the doodle below:


Yes, I finally drew Elsa in her Frozen Fever dress, and snowgies. My own violent sneezes reminded me of Elsa creating tiny snowmen with her sneezes and it was a moment of being grateful I'm normal. And my parents had me cooking. My dad told me to make brownies and my mom made me cook dinner. Both came out good despite my bowing-to-the-Emperor sneeze I did while chopping up the savories. No, I did not face the food when I did it, but my head went so low when I sneezed that I may as well have been bowing to someone. I'm not sure if my grandpa noticed it because he was standing in the kitchen when it happened. And, last but not least, my sister has become obsessed with Star Wars again because of the trailer drop for The Last Jedi, and she wanted to watch Star Wars celebration and Josh Gad of all people was the host of the panel for The Last Jedi. That jogged my memory that I wanted to doodle this after seeing him harassing Daisy Ridley with questions about the movie and her character on his Instagram: 


I love how he says "answer my damn question, Daisy." I don't think anybody would have expected "Olaf" to say damn like that. I say damn frequently but Olaf is innocent, damn is not an innocent word so personally I just find it hilarious. And clearly, I love how he tries to bribe her with vague information about Frozen 2. I'm more interested in Hans being in the movie, Olaf is a given, but all is quiet on the homefront. Although I highly suspect that Disney ships Helsa and is incapable of keeping it secret. Just look at the fairytale collection they made a couple years ago with Hans and Elsa. I don't think I've ever seen more sexual tension in my life and it's the box art, much less the dolls. They look like if the other one makes a peep, they'll hop onto each other in a second and engage in improper conduct outside of a bedroom, if you know what I mean. The doodle above was colored in by my sister because my mom wanted to watch Murdoch Mysteries to return it to the library and that was going to take a long time, so I let her have a go to get it finished. I hope to draw more Star Wars stuff, along with Tarzan, Frozen and my own creations that have been all but abandoned, so I hope to come back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment