Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday's got me like sandwiches or aliens? (bonus rant included)


      Hello. I know I did not post all last week but I was busy working on something. Something big. Something that, after I had put so much hard work into and ran into a bump in the road earlier on, ended up ruined. And I have nothing to show for it except this: 


Yeah. The only thing I was left with was a corrupted psd file and a goof. So I was working on this personal project to help deal with my depression and when I was getting closer to having a masterpiece, my sister jiggled my flashdrive out of place with her butt and after I jiggled it back in, I decided to save my progress and call it a day and my computer decides "lol no, I'm going to crash." I was so upset that I wanted to hide in my bed, cover my head and stop existing. I tried a program that is supposed to recover that sort of data; I had to purchase the full program in order to get rid of some residual "noise" (money that I do not have so no, I didn't buy it). End result?: the same empty layers from before. A website where you loaded your file and it was supposed to fix it for you there; wouldn't finish loading my file. End result?: nothing, nada, zip. Downloaded a hex editor and tried to follow some instructions I came across; I didn't understand those instructions very well and I'm not a coder. End result?: I can't open what I was left with. So I'm going to have to start all over again if I really want that drawing. I want to get started on that tonight, but I also want to move my computer into my room because ever since I got it, it's base of operations has been in my sisters' room. That was fine before when I was sleeping there but I got my room back last year after my mom and I cleared it out of some of the stuff that was in there, so naturally it now bothers me to go into my sister's room to be on my computer sometimes. Especially since one of my sisters happens to be a huge Disney fanatic and feels the need to watch Disney movies that we've already seen really loudly behind you and treat it like she's watching Dora because she feels the need to talk back to it and narrate and sing along. And she happens to have a window AC in her room and turns it on starting in the afternoon. I get cold when she does that. I get so cold that I wear a jacket. And I find I have a little bit of a harder time drawing with said jacket on. Then there's my other sister who can be distracting when she's awake, what with her constantly being on her phone and who has the bad habit of perching close to my computer. This wasn't the first time that she budged my flashdrive so that my computer stopped reading it until I budged it back. This was the first time it actually affected my computer and what I was doing. So, even though I barely have furniture and lack a desk, I concocted a plan to move my computer to my room to avoid my sisters' annoyances. I'll likely still have the second one come seeking my companionship and annoy me, but where I plan on placing my computer doesn't give her room to accidentally budge my flashdrive ever again. I hope. 

Well, before I restarted my entire project, I wanted to finally work on a joke I had thought of a long time ago (maybe last year or even the year before that, but probably last year). Only thing is, I came up with a variant for it: 


The joke was originally a play on the ALIENS meme because this picture of Santino Fontana looks like he was miming it, but over the weekend I ended up seeing this picture again and you know what? It also looks like he was picturing a nice big sandwich. And when you've played a character who was engaged to a sandwich loving princess, guess what happens? Bored fans come and decide to insert the word SANDWICHES in between your hands. I'm actually leaning more towards the sandwich one mostly because it fits better between his hands. I've taken to Instagram and Tumblr for opinions on this. So far it's ALIENS: 1 and SANDWICHES: 1. That was on Instagram because last I checked Tumblr, I had only one note and it was my sister. If you want to cast a vote go ahead. You can do it either through Tumblr (I'm michdoodles there) or through Instagram (michdoodlesart) or even leave a comment here. And if you want, you could check out my Redbubble shop, also michdoodles. If you happen to purchase anything from there, that will make me quite happy because then I could start saving up for a few things that I want, including a desk of my own😊. And if you don't, that's fine. I've lived this long without anybody buying anything from me. Hope to be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment