Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ya Miss Me?


      I said last week not to expect me on Friday. I meant it as I probably won't have anything ready for you but Mother Nature came on Thursday and decided to mess up my phone and internet (the phone cables in our neighborhood are old and crappy so just about every time it rains we lose the signal). It wasn't until Saturday that it was finally fixed (it was that messed up) and we came back to the 21st century. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? (I heard that song today and I will stop with the parentheses now) Well, yesterday I was wondering what to doodle and I decided to resuscitate an old character. 

It's Saru in winter gear! It hit me that I pretty much introduced her last spring and then abandoned her afterwards. Not that she is a main character, she just kind of pops into Mike and Sandra's lives at what they would consider the wrong time: she's introduced when Mike and Sandra are moving in together after their wedding and moves in basically causing a little chaos, moves out for Midori to come into the picture, moves back two years later, moves out to go to college, then magically reappears over a decade later to introduce the Morgans to her young family. So yeah, she's not a constant character but she tends to play an important part of the story when she's there so I really shouldn't be forgetting her. I know her shoulder looks awkward but I still struggle with that part of the anatomy and it was just so hard to get her hands right. The backpack strap belongs to a very small backpack that wouldn't really be noticeable at that angle and let's just say her arm is hidden behind her. Saturday I have a day-long thing going on and I have to get ready for it the day before so even if I could get something done by then I probably won't post that day so till next week, this is Mich Doodles signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment