Monday, July 21, 2014

Look at me, look at me, look at me NOW!


      I know I said I might not be here today but I felt that I had to, so here I am! Still working on my stickers, I worked on a few then got bored and a little frustrated so I stopped for now. I don't have anything else to put here except that drawing I complained that I couldn't scan in June. 

It's the Cat in the Hat! Years ago when I was practicing chibis, I invented Pink Panther girl in an attempt to make a stylized chibi and it made sense to stylize the Cat in the Hat as a chibi boy at that moment. I even drew a rather short comedic comic starring the both of them once where she (PPg) was in an aquarium looking at a great white shark in awe with her pet mouse and he (CHb) comes and gives her a look like what are you ooing and awwing over? Then when he sees the shark, he's in awe, then a guide comes to the tank with a field trip and shows off the jaws to them to realize there are only teeth in the tank with Pink Panther girl and Cat in the Hat boy off to the side looking very guilty. I still have it, btw. I drew them very differently then, I drew just about everything differently then but as time goes on, I just go developing my own style and experimenting so when I sat down to draw him again he looks more like a pre-teen boy than say a nine year old. That's fine, maybe he has aged since I last dealt with him considering it's been like two or three years. Funny thing is, even though Pink Panther girl was supposed to be the star, Cat in the Hat boy carting a pet fish in a wagon was the popular one among some of my school friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment