Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Inktober 2019 2: the guys in Project:Reclaim Earth aren't alone either


      Hello. I forgot to post this on Monday so here it is today:





Ok, so the first two are work partners. They are Brazilian counterparts to Ryo Takahashi and Kenta Hayashi respectively. Neither one has a name yet even though I created them two years ago but that's a regular problem with me. Besides, it's hard for me to pick out Portuguese names I like because they're just Hispanic names I'm used to but with funnier spelling, and having American bred and born, I'm not a big fan of a lot of Hispanic names. So, back to the characters: both are biracial but in different ways. The dude is Japanese on his dad's side and descended from Portuguese on his mom's. The girl is what we Hispanics call "mulatta", a term meaning a biracial black woman. Idk what Brazilians call it, maybe someone will let me know someday. So the dude is holding a martini in his hand. My sister came up with that, I almost drew him with a margarita. Shaken and not stirred? I don't know, I drink alcohol when the planets align so I can't say what his preference in that department. I can definitely can say that it depends on his mood that day. His friend/co-worker is a good girl, staying away from the bar and spending time with her, uh, Pomeranian. Being a young, single, very pretty, independent woman is tough enough, she could use a loyal friend with no self-interest whatsoever for some added protection. Then I decided to draw this alien creature I created two years ago that happens to look like a wolf but is the size of a horse so you can ride it. I need to work on details with it but there it is. Then I drew Kenta's mom Masumi Hayashi. She's an interesting case. She claims that alien life exists in the universe because she had a very close encounter with one, so close that she had a son. A divorced woman birthing a blond boy is one thing, but it is a completely different thing when said woman is Japanese. Funny story is nobody believes her story, not even her own son. Her widowed mother was supportive of Masumi and Kenta but she died while Kenta was in college and that was when it happened: while Kenta was at school, his mother was taken to a mental hospital against her will for declaring to her neighbors that aliens were real. As much as Kenta doesn't like talking about it (mental illness is a stigma in Japan), he's still a good boy and visits his mother when he can and plans to eventually get her out. And then, when I planned on drawing another human, I decided last minute to change it up and draw another alien. This is a Gempei and they are basically owl cats with some lizard details. That's right. They are a quadrupedal creature that is quite bird-like but has a fleshy, scaly tail... And they can disguise themselves as an Earth cat. There are no tentacles in that beak, it's ok. They are also quite smart and trainable, just make sure you don't lock them out of the bathroom when they need to go. They will use the garbage disposal. 

Ok, so I originally planned on going in chronological story order which is Bittersweet, Super Teens, then Project:Reclaim Earth, but I was having trouble figuring out who and in what order I would draw from Super Teens so I went ahead and skipped it. I'm currently finishing that set up and wondering how I'm going to finish the month. I should be posting that on Friday (hopefully), but until the next time I show up with a doodle, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment