Saturday, December 29, 2018

Venom Doodle Dump: This man's best friend


      Hey, I said a long time ago that I was going to eventually post the Venom doodles I started doing after suddenly getting obsessed with said movie when I had decided I wanted nothing to do with it so here are some of my doodles:



There's a theme here: Venom as Eddie's pet. The first one started out as a quick pencil sketch on the back of an index card on a workday, then my friend liked it so much that I digitized it. There is a variant with a bluer background but I'll post that one later. As the eldest in a household that loves chocolate, it was easy to imagine a chocolate loving alien stealing bites from its host's snack. The next picture is actually a redraw of a picture I took of my dog and a bottle of chocolate syrup she destroyed but she got replaced by darling little Venom here. Oh, and I didn't draw the background from the original picture. Venom's shadows are actually wonky here but I haven't felt like going back and fixing them, especially when I went through the trouble of giving him shiny desu eyes like in the movie. (For the record, the bottle was empty by the time my dog had chewed it up. We have to keep our recycling bins taller than her because otherwise we'd always be finding empty butter containers licked clean in the front yard or aluminum cans that have been crunched on because they once housed sausages. And she can puncture said cans so that's a problem.) The third one is another redraw but of a picture that Tom Hardy (our beloved movie Eddie Brock) took for PETA with his dog Woodstock. This time I actually followed the shadows in said picture reference so this one looks a lot better. The background bush looked like a brain at first but I fixed it obviously. I find it fun to draw Venom in goop form because you can do whatever with that goop body and he's also much less threatening looking so funny and cute drawings turn out so much better. If you'll notice, though, not that big a fan of his infamous tongue so I don't draw it often. I've got a whole lot more of this stuff where that came from but that's another post for another day. Till then, toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment