Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Return of Art



      WOO! YAY! I finally have something to present on here, all the quiet (well, nearly all) has been because I have been working so hard and so long at this:



Yes, I did one for Sandra too! Oh man, this was hard but I am so glad that this is now finished. I have had these two in my head again for a good while and I want to do serious stuff with them. I want to actually present their story, which is what I mean by serious stuff because the dynamics of this is pretty much like a romantic comedy - a drawn out one, but a romantic comedy nonetheless. As you can see, she is sporting four different hairstyles only because, as a girl, how stale would it be that she only wears one hairstyle? Besides, after a certain age, she won't be wearing that cutesy half ponytail she has in her work clothes so I varied the hair. I nearly drew her in a skirt again for casual but she does wear jeans too. Maybe not all the time but she wears pants too so let's showcase that. I love these two characters so much and I'm sorry they've been dusty for so long but life happens and I'm the kind of girl that goes through different phases so now I happen to be back on my Bittersweet kick. That's great because I have more experience, better skill and more sense to rework some things that could probably use it. It's so funny how I draw her more "normal" now considering that when I first started drawing her, she basically passed for a poorly drawn Disney princess. She had big hips from the start, though, so I've always tried to portray shapeliness with her. Sandra I think had the most character/story change because she started out as an idea inspired by Batgirl, Supergirl and Wonderwoman, then she basically turned into a magical girl anime princess, and now... I'm not about to give away my biggest plot device without a physical comic for you to read but you can read the ref sheet above (if you can read English, that is.) Well, I may or may not draw on Friday but I do want to get back to more normal drawing so I might be back shortly, I might not. We'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment