Monday, August 1, 2016

Miss me?


      Hello! It's the first day/Monday of August and I know I have been neglecting my blog here but I have some stuff that I did last month that I didn't post here so here goes. Just hit me I did nothing on here last month. (O_O) oh boy. Ok, so starting with my biggest muse, Tom Hiddleston (in a way). Supposedly, he had a radio interview where he gives away that Loki will have braided hair in Thor:Ragnarok. Naturally, curiosity ate away at me and as I am still wondering how his hair will be braided, I did some doodles: 

The Instagram filter makes it more interesting as it was done on paper. Yes, it's half hairstyles from fictional/pop culture characters and half currently fashionable hairstyles. And then I've been inspired to rework my manga style to make the faces more realistic looking and to continue working on my original stories so I've been doing a lot of work on it. More planning and research than drawing but I got some drawing done so here it is: 

Yes, it's Mike!!! As you can see (if you've seen anything I've done with him before), I have altered his design according to my new manga style and I decided to do a series of sketches that turned into a basic reference sheet so yep, here he is. I will also be working on altering his coloring later to be more realistic/natural looking and I will do one of these for Sandra as well. I'm adjusting some things with pretty much everybody here and possibly in other storylines so any details will be told as I go along here. In fact, I'll give you one detail and it's change now: Mike was originally going to be 180 pounds when he meets Sandra but as he is 6 feet tall, that would mean that I actually have to draw him heftier than I normally do so he got slimmed down to 165 pounds. That's all I've got for now and don't expect me to return shortly with a new doodle as I am tired of all the work I did on the ref sheet which took a little over a week and we are expecting visitors this week so hope you guys are good and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment