Saturday, November 7, 2015

Saturday Sketch (and other goodies)


      So I finally scanned the drawings I did earlier this week of Mike and Sandra with a few added doodles so here it is: 

Sorry that my handwriting is pretty much unreadable but I didn't want too much contrast on this (I can adjust the brightness and contrast through the scanning software). I drew Sandra on Monday, Mike on Wednesday and decided to draw them in two different styles today. In the upper right is Disney and I started drawing his hair spiky as usual but it didn't look good so I left his bangs flat and wrote him saying "my hair" rather confused. Bottom left is my personal style for X-Men and Friends... and Enemies (yep, it got named) and Mike is now mad at his hair and saying "don't toy with me". I have noticed recently that my default style is no bottom eyelids (at least in manga and my more comic book looking style) so Sandra stands out quite a bit but she was designed when I was still developing my own style by borrowing certain style elements from others and I happened to like the eyes of Kitty Pryde in this X-Men manga: 

Obviously over the years I have worked it to the point that even though it's still similar, it's got my personal touch to it (p.s. this was a good manga and it didn't make it to book 2 because of Disney). Mike's hair came up when I first drew him as a chibi (I had difficulty at drawing guys at some point so I was better at chibis) and I transferred the design to a not-chibi head, so yeah, his hair was meant for a chibi. I also have something goofy that showed up on my Insta Wednesday but I didn't want to put it with Kristoff's cosplay. 

It was an idea I had thinking of the original quote and the joke is how Coulson is a Captain America fangirl (you know I mean fanboy but I think fangirl). I took the original Frozen screencap from disneyscreencaps.com and the heads from superheroscreencaps.com. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend and sorry if there's too many pictures here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment