Monday, August 24, 2020

This summer has felt so alien...

 

      Hello! I finished my other project because I guess I'm in a doodling mood so here we go:


I did a summer chibi in summer, hip hip hooray! This character has existed as a concept for a long while but I created them back when boys were both minor characters and not usually drawn because 1. I wanted to focus on my female protagonist characters and 2. I couldn't really draw them for crap so there is one (1) drawing I did of what they were supposed to look like back then. Then I shelved the protagonist characters and didn't think I'd return to them so villain got shelved as well. After deciding to revisit these characters and rework them, I decided I should try my hand at their antagonist again, a mischievous alien boy. I happened to do this last October before season four of She-ra released and Double Trouble had been announced as being introduced in that season and non-binary to boot so ahaha, what was originally going to identify as a boy turned into me calling them they/them so accidental non-binary rep :) you can thank She-ra for that. I still call them he a lot still because I know the character a decent amount (still developing them and need to give them a name) but you know, respect pronouns, which I try but monkey brain has to go and mess that up sometimes. I really wonder how their skintone is showing up on your devices because I specifically chose one that can look human but it has enough green in it to give that alien feel. They look pretty greenish on my phone and I hate it that I never noticed until posting it here that one of their fingers wasn't colored in. My laptop kept restarting on me today so I just kinda finished it in a hurry because I wanted to move on. Till next doodle, stay safe and toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment