Sunday, April 5, 2020

Do I look like a 112 year old man?


      Hello. I mentioned Avatar very briefly in one of my posts and I should explain. Turns out that the VLD (Voltron: Legendary Defender) fandom overlaps with the Avatar: The Last Airbender fandom. Funny story, I kinda remember watching snatches of Avatar back when it was on TV. Back then, my dad got it into his head to open a gym membership and go with my mom and all three kids. Where did we go? To the kid playroom so that we didn't in the way of the adults, where there was a TV that was sometimes on and yes, sometimes Avatar was playing. I didn't have cable so I couldn't watch it at home and I eventually lost track of it. Only recently I have developed an interest in it again because of the fandom overlap and my not being satisfied in VLD content. So I started watching the series before quarantine, then found a site where I could finish watching book one so I just wait for quarantine to end so the library can open again I guess but here are some doodles I did:





I have to admit that so far, Sokka is my favorite character. I think it's the sarcasm and skepticism he brings (he also looks good in makeup. Bonus points for that). I usually draw my favorite character(s) first or most of the time so I started with a Sokka. And then I drew his sister Katara. She is a good character and I know that if I had actually gotten to watch and appreciate this show as a kid, SHE would have been my favorite because back then I was biased towards liking the one girl on the team in a show that was more geared towards boys. I was a simple child who could only relate to other members of my gender 😂 Then I drew Aang because he is such a poor bean, I don't think it's possible to hate him. One of my sisters thought his forehead tattoo was a birthmark... smh. Funny, but smh. And then because I had just finished book one, I had to draw Princess Yue. I already knew thanks to memes containing the spoiler that she was going to die and turn into the moon but I still cried when it happened. It does not help that when she and Sokka kissed during that scene, it felt reminiscent of Allura's death in Voltron and I half expected Sokka to gain Altean markings. Well anyway, this is the sketchdump I meant to do on Friday but didn't get around to. I have more doodles that I'm gonna post here but that's it for now. Till next doodle, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment