Monday, May 20, 2019

Springing into Summer (plus some dinos)


      Hello. So I'm back with some cute looking doodles that I wanna share with you:

I came up with the concept for this one two years ago (you can see the original in this post) and since I've been redrawing my seasonal chibis, I redrew this one too. Besides the style obviously changing, I decided to change the boy's outfit to a jinbei. I thought the weird kimono with pants thing was weird so I decided to look up male kimonos and I discovered the jinbei, which are basically pajamas but they are becoming increasingly popular to wear to summer events so, as much as this is supposed to be picturing Hanami/spring, it's getting hot where I live so summer crept into this version a little bit. I made sure to leave his sleeves and pants longer so that it didn't look too much like summer. I also thought of adding a pattern to his clothes and I thought "dinosaurs" so I made a couple of these silhouetted cartoon dinosaurs but only managed to get the sauropod in there:



They're both green because that was the accent color in his outfit but I might do more colors/dinos to add some diversity later. I'll probably draw some more Spider-verse stuff or maybe New Girl related stuff soon (I have a couple of Spider-verse drafts already) but I don't know how soon I'll finish anything so till next doodle, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment