Saturday, April 6, 2019

I Think You're Gonna Be a Bad Parent (actually he'd be a dream)


      Hello! I finally finished a comic I have been working on since February so here it is:

Yeah, Noir and Ham show up (to congratulate Peter on his baby I guess) and Peter decides to just crush Ham's hopes and dreams... while holding a baby. His baby, obviously. I did my best to leave the baby as gender neutral as possible but adding eyelashes made the baby feminine to me although my cartoon style has feminine characters with defined lips. Tom Hardy is the exception with me incorporating his lips in my style but doing it in a way that still makes him look masculine. Notice I left out lips on the baby so you could look at it as a lashy boy named either Ben or Miles (this is after the events of Spider-verse, after all) or a little Annie May/Mayday (I like both names so I can't decide who this baby would represent so I just did a reddish brown for hair, that way you know MJ is the mom). I got this idea after reading a tweet on Instagram that says pretty much what Noir says. Makes sense to me since fairy tales, lullabies, and nursery rhymes have rather dark origins. (shouldn't we be questioning the little piggy eating roast beef?) So yeah, I came up with this idea of the two human Peters messing with their swine counterpart. To be fair, Noir is probably saying this because he thought it was common knowledge. Because it took me so long to finish this comic, I thought I'd gift you with a little bit of my process:


Oh wow... he... um... looks bloody with just the red there.


Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. It is a very good thing that the classic Spider-Man costume has a pretty significant amount of blue to counter that rather bright red. I've been taking a break from drawing today (because I need it) but I do have plans for another Spider-verse comic and to get back to work on my OCs. Also, I should finish setting up for that video series I thought of doing which I mentioned in my last post. I have a busy month ahead of me so just bear with me. I posted this last night on both my Instagram and Tumblr and I was surprised with how popular it got on both sites. I'm not used to getting over twenty likes on anything. A couple of the rebloggers on Tumblr feel sorry for Ham so I should probably take it easy on him next time. Well, till next doodle, toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment