Friday, March 29, 2019

I return...


      Hey, I've been missing from this blog for all of March... I suck. It's partly because my last week of work was a busy one (you read that right. Last week of work. I retired myself from working retail. It was fun getting a weekly paycheck while it lasted), and then I have been spending the past couple of weeks just doodling all over the place (I started a comic last month and I still haven't finished it, instead just hopping from one doodle to another and back again) and reading Spider-Man and Deadpool. Yeah, I'm finally reading a Spider-Man comic series and it happens to be the one he shares with Deadpool. It's ending soon and I have become obsessed with Spider-Man as of late so I decided to give it a try. I pulled myself away from starting issue #46 to post this, you're welcome. Before this paragraph keeps going on this tangent, scroll down and behold:



Something of a reference sheet for my spidersona Cobweb (oh yeah, spoiler: she's just an alternate version of me when unmasked), the color scheme she almost had, and this quick doodle I did Wednesday of myself upset over Thanos snapping half the MCU out of existence. Did you scream when you saw Shuri's poster? Because I did. And I was sick so my voice wasn't all that normal. I may turn crowbar Michi into a series. Imagine: me/Cobweb approaching a fictional bad guy that has somehow wronged Peter Parker (more like killed), and then beating them within an inch of their life with a crowbar. Sounds like fun. You know what else sounds like fun? Me recording videos of myself criticizing critiquing comic book art because this girl is picky when it comes to art. I'll put a manga back simply because I wasn't happy with the art style. And then when I read that manga, I realize I'm an idiot because it happens to be a story I love. Anyway, I've been thinking of doing videos where I look at comic book art and nitpick at whatever doesn't seem right to me. I may also focus on character design, staying in-character, different interpretations of characters, the logic and loopholes within story arcs, etc etc. Technically, I'm an amateur and haven't taken a single collegiate class in my life but I fancy myself an artist and story writer, I am observant, and I have opinions. Would I do this regularly? Probably not, I am an inconsistent human being. I also have a busy April ahead of me, considering I still have projects I would like to finish. Plus, I don't know where to start so it might take a while just to launch. But this is better than me doing that weird AU-roleplaying-Frozen thing in the Sims, right?  Speaking of the Sims, why is there no Venom or Spiderverse custom content? Do I have to make it myself? Well, enjoy your weekend. Hopefully I'll come back next week with something. I have two old drawings I wanna redraw next month, hopefully I'll get around to that. Till next doodle, toodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment