Saturday, February 23, 2019

I drew another artist's OCs for a change of pace


      Before the month disappears on me, lemme share some stuff I finished a while back and just haven't posted here:


You probably don't know these characters and that's ok because I'm going to explain. I just recently followed this artist on Instagram known as tinymintywolf and she did this contest for reaching 40k followers (which got messed up by Instagram's new algorithm) with the challenge being to draw her OCs. So this is what I came up with: the first one is her Marvelsona Violet Spark who has the mutant ability of teleportation, she hangs out with the Guardians of the Galaxy and loves to listen to music so I drew her retrieving a Walkman out in space before she completely loses it. I was inspired by both the meme and Spiderverse's end credit scene to create this gem that blew up a bit on Instagram (it has 58 likes. I have never reached that amount on Instagram) featuring her spidersona Violet Spider on the left and my spidersona Cobweb. It took me a while to figure out Cobweb's color scheme because the one I came up with previously wasn't working. Too many purples of similar tones competing. Oh yeah, I have come up with an insignia for Cobweb, as you can tell by the back of her hoodie. I decided to do something different and have her insignia be only on her back, like a real spider. No, I did not win but minty did like and comment how much she liked both drawings so there's that. She also recently opened up her shop on bigcartel so check it out if you've got the time, money, and inclination. I have so many ideas but not the time and motivation to draw them all out so I just waste time on Instagram 😒 Let's see if I post or doodle anything worth posting next week. Till then, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment