Monday, January 28, 2019

Some more Spiderverse to spice up your life


      Hello. Last time I posted, I was hoping I would return sooner with more doodles. But guess what? I still have my crummy job and I've just been managing to crank out doodles in the little bit of free time I have after work (but mainly on the weekends) so I keep forgetting to post on here. Please accept this dumping of Spiderverse fanart if you will: 



I think you can tell who is my favorite. The first doodle was just I wanted to draw Peter B. Parker so I did. I originally wanted him to be eating something but I couldn't figure out what so I asked out loud "what should his arms be doing?" and my sister replied with he should have his hands on his hips. I couldn't draw him with his hands on his hips without him having an expression to match, thus the eye-roll was born. I used a polka dot brush that is in FireAlpaca for the attempt at comic book screen-tone dots. I might find another brush that I can download and use for the same purpose. The second doodle is an idea I got at a party: Miles Morales is half Puerto Rican. It is part of Puerto Rican culture to dance Salsa. As a Cuban American, I thought it would make sense for Rio to teach her only beloved son how to dance to this genre. I'm probably the only person that has thought of this because everybody else just focuses on how Miles is black and American raised so he doesn't come off as very Boricua. The movie, however, displays him being able to speak in Spanish so I came up with this headcanon of Miles teaching Gwen how to dance Salsa. Yes, Gwen got frustrated because she was too busy keeping count on her steps while Miles just goes with the flow so she ended up getting lost and stopped to look at his feet. I don't keep count anymore but my mom still loses me while dancing so I have to stop a quick moment and watch in order to catch up. I also dance kinda sideways to her because she's 5'1" while I am 5'4" so I have a naturally longer stride than she does and she learned how to dance in a completely different manner from me. And the third doodle is inspired by an Instagram contest by spidertams to draw Peter B. Parker as attractive as possible so I jumped on board with my own self-indulgent doodle of him in the famous "draw me like one of your French girls pose", except he'd say "draw me like one of your French fries". I don't care if I win to be honest because I'm not even following this girl but I've seen her art and I understand her sentiments toward this character so yeah, I joined in. Maybe I'l post on Wednesday after work if I finish any of my latest projects so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment