Monday, January 7, 2019

Enter the Spiderverse


      Hello. First post of 2019 happens to be on the first Monday of the year... oh, and I'm already terribly upset. Damn retail job and the entitled rich people I have to put up with at said job. So I'm just playing Venom by Eminem on repeat for a bit as I type this out. So, even though I'm listening to its hit song as vent music, Venom is no longer the only object of my affections as I finally saw Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse this past Saturday so here's some Spiderverse related stuff:


The first doodle is me developing an OC in response to the Spidersona movement that started on Twitter but was also present on Instagram so naturally I joined. She goes by Cobweb, is inspired by Tarantulas (but someone else came up with a Tarantula spidersona so I just renamed mine) and her preferred method of catching baddies is to build giant webs in alleys where they are known to frequent. Cobweb is capable of shooting her body hairs like a Tarantula's urticating hairs (she usually prefers to use her arms for this), can lengthen her canines and produce venom, and I plan on giving her biological webbing like Tobey Maguire's Spider-man because I swore that was how Spider-man's webbing worked, not some doo-hickey that he invented to be more like the fursona (bugsona actually, although technically arachnid) he acquired after one incident in a laboratory. She's a nerd and makes frequent spider jokes and sometimes when she gets impatient, she fingerknits with her webbing. I was debating her insignia and haven't actually gone back and put more thought into it yet. I've been thinking of saying that she lives in Venom's movie universe because so far there's no Spider-man there, which gives me an excuse to have Cobweb be obsessed with Venom and have an infatuation with Eddie Brock even though both have questionable ways of dealing with criminals. But I have also gone and fallen in love with Peter B. Parker from Spiderverse too so maybe she somehow met him and decided he was option no. 2. Idk, it's a possibility. The two doodles underneath are fanarts after watching Spiderverse. I was originally going to sketch the main trio of Peter, Miles and Gwen in my sketchbook Saturday night but my neck hurt while trying to draw Peter in the movie's style (which I didn't capture quite right) so I quit. Then last night I decided to sketch them digitally in my style and I like it. I love how the brown ended up blending in Gwen's hair. So I loved the movie, my family loved the movie and it's just so great. I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night but I heard they won and it's like yes, I had said that they deserved to win all the awards. Not only is it great in its writing but also in its groundbreaking animation style. It's like watching a comic book come to life and I am starting to think that Spider-man is just better off animated because there are so many more possibilities with him in that arena than in live action where some things have to be animated (by a computer) anyway. I know pretty much all animation now is done by computers and this movie was too but it isn't your run-of-the-mill 3D animation; it is unique and I think that's beautiful. I'll probably post more doodles by the end of the week because I'm trying to work on drawing my OCs and I have a completed doodle just waiting to be unleashed so let's see. Let's see if I still have a job by the end of the month because tbh, I've been wanting to quit since last summer. My body wasn't built to handle that stress and my personality doesn't mesh well with it. Till next doodle, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment