Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Terribly Awesome Tuesday


      Finally, after a month of work and frustration, I am proud to present this masterpiece right here: 

That's right. I drew both Hans and Loki. In my semi-realistic stylization. I hit so many bumps along the way (and there's some stuff here that is actually not finished) but here it is. My favorite bad guys. Loki's eyebrows and shading gave me hell, but he doesn't look half-bad. 

So, there's a bit of a story to this. I have been wanting for maybe a year to draw these two like this but obviously i didn't get around to it until now. And months ago, I started to suspect that I may have depression (I was doing research for a character and some of the symptoms rang true for me). So, after feeling absolutely horrible about the "victor" of the U.S. elections and having a brief moment of wanting to kill myself because of it, I realized that I am. Depressed, that is. And these two right here are the characters I obsess over more, not just because they're good looking or delightfully devious, but because they both acted out for the simple fact that they felt that absolutely nobody cared about them. I have felt plenty of times that nobody cares about me so, as much as I do love the heroes in both stories, I can relate better to these two younger princes who grew up in somebody else's shadow. That makes this drawing very important and close to me so the constant bumps in the road most definitely affected me more than they should have but I am a very emotional creature and for about a couple of years my emotions are pretty much out of my control so I can't really help it. 

This is a really big drawing compared to the usual small doodles I do but there was no way this could be small, not with two characters who demand attention (whether they get it or not is a different story). This was a huge challenge to me and my sanity (whatever is left of it) but I am glad to finally say you know what i'm finished. Now I can hopefully move on to some other doodle ideas and this has been a warning to expect more Hans/Frozen related drawings again as I slipped back into that fandom. I was never fully out of it, I just wasn't as into it as some other fandoms that got obsessed with this year. It was a tiny bit freaky realizing the similarities between these two and besides that, both their actors have naturally curly hair 😄😍😚 Well, see you next time I come up with a doodle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment