Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ain't I A Stinker?


      Having missed two weeks on here I guess I've been more inspired this week to doodle and since earlier this week Bugs Bunny turned the big 7-5, I thought why not draw him again? I said again because I have drawn him before my wasting hours on the internet days. Now I'm going to compare my two "vewy pwofessional" Bugs Bunny artworks on here and you be the judge. 

The one I did today (in an hour, possibly a new record for me) was done by glancing at the old one because I didn't feel like pulling down the VHS cover that served as the original reference I used almost 10 years ago. You heard me. Almost 10 years. Obviously today's has a fresher, more youthful vibe because I did it on the computer but also he sort of got stylized a bit, especially when I forgot the above the nose wrinkles. I like them both, the old one because I was in middle school and was drawn by just looking at a 2 inch picture on a large sketchbook page and the new one just looks so nice and vibrant. The first actually had no coloring until my little sister got to it explaining the strange colored pencil and crayon strokes. (P.s. she still can't color like a pro on paper) I went through the liberty of adding a shape similar to the Looney Tunes icon because I thought the background could use some pop. Well, that's all I've got for you today and I might just come back Friday but until then, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment